Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to re-build project debug module?

Qinghu_Z_
Beginner

I created a vert simple new project using HTML5 + Cordove with Blank temple  in Intel XDK. And then nuder DEVELOP tab, add the alert('Hello World!') to app.js as below:

function onAppReady() {
    alert('Hello World!');
    if( navigator.splashscreen && navigator.splashscreen.hide ) {   // Cordova API detected
        navigator.splashscreen.hide() ;
    }
}
document.addEventListener("deviceready", onAppReady, false) ;

Switch to DEBUG tab, run Debug with USB connect to Samsung Galaxy S III. 'Hello World!' popup in the device without any problem.

Then switch to DEVELOP tab.  I added the second alert as below

function onAppReady() {
    alert('Hello World!');
    if( navigator.splashscreen && navigator.splashscreen.hide ) {   // Cordova API detected
    }
    alert('at end of onAppReady');
}

After save the app.js, switch to  DEBUG tab and run Debug  again. Only 'Hello World!' popup.

I checked app.js code in Sources sub-tab under DEBUG tab. There is not 2nd alert

function onAppReady() {
    alert('Hello World!');
    }
}

It look like the old project debug module is catched.

How can I re-build the project debug module?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There has been an issue with caching of files by the Debug tab, however I have not found a reliable way to fix the issue. You should only have to close the debug session and restart it (using the Debug tab toolbar). There is no need to rebuild a debug module, that is not the source of the problem.

0 Kudos
Qinghu_Z_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

There has been an issue with caching of files by the Debug tab, however I have not found a reliable way to fix the issue. You should only have to close the debug session and restart it (using the Debug tab toolbar). There is no need to rebuild a debug module, that is not the source of the problem.

HI Paul, thanks for your reply. I found out it is the device issue. When I replaced the Samsung Galaxy 3 III with  Samsung Galaxy s Edge, debug show the modify result.

0 Kudos