Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IMPORTANT: As of the March, 2017 release, the Intel XDK cloud-based build servers and the Publish tab have been deprecated and..

Rodrigo_M_1
New Contributor II

Hi there, I just notice after last update that: "IMPORTANT: As of the March, 2017 release, the Intel XDK cloud-based build servers and the Publish tab have been deprecated and will be retired at the end of June, 2017."

May some people became desperate because of this, with the comfort of use the Intel XDK (no crazy command lines to build your app), just an awesome visual screen where with some HTML5/JS and some clicks to config, you can build you hybrid app !

In my case, probably I'll need to install a local cordova server (I'm looking how to do it), but I still have no idea how to start, and after have that server done, I'll need to learn how to build my Intel app on the new cordova cli server!

I have a question for the Intel Team, may it can be disconsidered because I don't know if it's "valid" or "I have no idea what I'm talking about", or may could be a great idea, but let's try: My question is: It's possible to the next Intel XDK release where the could-based servers probably will be deprecated, to have a option in the Intel XDK to kind of "link" our own local cordova cli server ?

I was thinking some thing like the Intel have today, but instead of have the "could-based servers" a way to link with local servers, and that would be awesome !

Thanks for your attention!

Best Regards,

Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rodrigo -- you do not need to build any servers, the Cordova CLI system is not that difficult to install and is not a server, it is simply a front-end for building apps directly on your machine. I recommend you first try using PhoneGap Build, that is the easier solution. If that does not work for you, then try Cordova CLI. Linds to instructions on how to do this are provided in the second half of this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-xdk-app-with-phonegap-cordova-cli <

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rodrigo -- you do not need to build any servers, the Cordova CLI system is not that difficult to install and is not a server, it is simply a front-end for building apps directly on your machine. I recommend you first try using PhoneGap Build, that is the easier solution. If that does not work for you, then try Cordova CLI. Linds to instructions on how to do this are provided in the second half of this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-xdk-app-with-phonegap-cordova-cli <

0 Kudos