Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IMSL + FORTRAN + Intel 64

n_meade
Beginner
After successfully building the program, on running the program the following message is displayed "The program can't start because imsl_dll.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

Despite the file being listed in the C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VNI\\imsl\\fnl600\\Intel64\\lib directory, I did reinstall both FORTRAN and IMSL but to no effect. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Can you please post your question to the Fortran forum? This way, you could get a faster resolution to your issue.

Many thanks for using the forum for your question.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
I forgot to point you to the Fortran forum. Here it is: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Although you did not explicitly say so, it appears that you are building from the command line, and in my remarks I'll assume that to be the case.

There are three steps where the paths of additional library components come into play.

1. Module files (.mod) are read by the compiler when it encounters USE statements in Fortran source code.

2. Library files (.lib) are used by the linker when building the application (.exe).

3. Dynamic libraries (.dll) are used when an .EXE file is run that contains references to routines in dynamic libraries.

The relevant environmental variables are INCLUDE, LIB and PATH.

It appears that in your case the first two variables contain segments that allow the modules and libraries to be located. All that you have to do is to add the path to the directory where IMSL_DLL.DLL is located to the PATH variable.
0 Kudos