Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS Build failed XDK1878

Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

Whem i'm trying to build an ios app (on windows) the build failed. With the same code i have succesfully build a android app and windows phone app.

At the end of the log i get this:

2015-04-03 05:14:18.596 xcodebuild[97026:100b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 90. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2015-04-03 05:14:18.598 xcodebuild[97026:100b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 90. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2015-04-03 05:14:18.599 xcodebuild[97026:100b] Unexpected character / at line 1
xcodebuild: error: Unable to read project '[APP NAME].xcodeproj'.
    Reason: Project .../App/platforms/ios/[APP NAME].xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.

Command finished with error code 74: .../App/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../App/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 74
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/3.5.0-0.2.7/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Heikki_E_
Novice

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

This means one of a couple things.

* your distribution cert is expired

* your distribution cert does not match your provisioning profile

* the appID you gave the XDK does not match what you created for your appID on Apples developer portal.

Thanks, I figured it out finally. Nothing wrong with provisioning profiles etc. I didn't realize that there's need to upload .cer file in build screen even everything is marked as OK on that screen. Then the build was successful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies
Nobuhiro_L_
Beginner

I got the similar situation  here.  I used to build the cordova ios apps and all succeeded before I updated XDK to 1878 . After XDK is updated , I use the same code but all failed .

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CodeSign build/device/腾云客.app
(1 failure)
Command finished with error code 65: .../Tenwink/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../Tenwink/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/4.1.2/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
0 Kudos
John_E_2
New Contributor I

Same problem

2015-04-03 03:28:23.477 xcodebuild[84639:100b] Unexpected character / at line 1
xcodebuild: error: Unable to read project 'Diabetes Kolhydrattabell.xcodeproj'.
	Reason: Project .../a/platforms/ios/Diabetes Kolhydrattabell.xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.

Command finished with error code 74: .../a/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../a/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 74
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/3.5.0-0.2.7/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
0 Kudos
Nobuhiro_L_
Beginner

After I re-install back to XDK 1826, I got " The Build Was Successful!"  again ! 

0 Kudos
John_E_2
New Contributor I

Does not work for me, same problem

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Wesley, @Nobuhiro, @John,

Does the build fail for you for all the projects or for a specific project? Please send one project that has issue.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
John_E_2
New Contributor I

all my projects fails on ios builds, and they build succesfully on android.

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

@SWATI S, I've send you a private message with the app.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@everyone :)

If you are still having issues, please provide your xdk login, and the name of the app that you are having issues with.

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

I'm still having this problem in XDK1912.

I had sent Swati my project via pm.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Try removing the & from your description and author in the Build Settings.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Have you all followed the procedure of creating certificate, provisioning profile and then building it on?

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

@John: i have removed the & signs and that didn't help. I will send a pm with username/password + app name

@Amrita: Yes, i have followed the tutorial.

Everything worked fine before the 1878 update. (Been using XDK now for over a year)

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Responded via private message. 

0 Kudos
Aly_E_
Beginner

did you found a fix for this problem or not yet i have the same issue too

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

No, i haven't found a fix yet.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Try upgrading the version to 1912 and recreate it. Let me know if you still have problems.

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

Started a new project in 1912 and copied/adjusted the files /  code. In the emulator no problems, but IOS build still failed. This time there was no overview/errorlog.

What i've done so far with the "old" project:
- Removed the & signs from the names
- Removed the plugin folder and reselected them
- Update the Cordova Cli version( had 3.5, and in the new project it says 4.1.2)
- Added any missing images
- Downloaded the provisioning file from Apple. ( current certificate is valid till september)
- Filled in any empty param at the build settings.
- Tried to build a legacy one, that one failed also..

- TEST Builded the app via appcenter and i got the message(mail) that the test build succeeded.

I really like working with XDK so hopefully there will be a solution soon.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@ Wesley

According to our record you were able to successfully complete a Cordova iOS build. I assume you figured out what you were doing wrong? What was it?

0 Kudos
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

Not exactly, that was just a test app. Made a new project and added the provisioning file and change the AppID so they corresponded.
With that the build was succesful. 

I'm going to add code/files from my original project until the build fails again, hopefully  to find out what is wrong.

0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

I currently have the same issue on 1912 when building a Cordova Hybrid. I've attempted all the possible solutions posted above, but none of them fix the issue. I've also recreated the provision and certificate files with Apple, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

Any solution would be great! Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos