Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS upload from Windows - Success!

Ed_T_
Beginner

Folks,

Thanks to all who helped me get an IOS build made.

Of course then there is how to get the IPA file to iTunes Connect.

In the spirit of giving back to the community, hoping this doesn't violate any kind of a rule. But I'm in the App Store!

Started researching, and amid all the rent-a-mac cloud services, and get a copy of OSX and run a virtual machine under Windows, I stumbled onto a post on Stack Overflow, I think it was, that suggested a link to an app loader that a guy named Steffen Wenz  in Germany is building.

https://www.wenz.io/ApplicationLoader

It is in beta, so right now it is free. In an email exchange he told me that the service will probably be three or four euros when it rolls out.

I have no connection to this site, but it worked for me quite nicely.

BTW, unless someone can explain to me why it isn't just Apple's arrogance that you can upload PNG files from Windows, but can't upload an IPA,  I'd be delighted to hear it. For now I'm mad as can be at them for taking my money then saying, "Oh, by the way..."

</rant>

Ed

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Thomas_B_6
New Contributor I

Hi Ed,

you enter your Apple login information into an unknown webpage?

Daring, nobody knows, who is behind the site..

Best,

T.

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Thomas,

I'm crazy not stupid! I created a fake user with super limited roles, then changed the password once the file was uploaded.

I've had several email exchanges with the owner of the site, and he's an ok guy, or my 30+ years in the software business has left me a bad judge of developer character.

Ed

0 Kudos
Thomas_B_6
New Contributor I

Hi Ed,

thx for the additional information :-)

My first impression was : "Great to have a webservice for uploading an ipa...."

Good idea, to have an upload only account.

Best,

Tom

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Thomas,

I've been doing some research, and here's what I'm coming up with for uploading IPA files:

Apple has an API called ITMSTransporter, that is a command line interface for Application Loader. Runing a Mac in a virtual machine it shouldn't be all that hard to accept credentials and an IPA file, then relay it to iTunes Connect.

If Intel has any Mac geeks sitting around, it shouldn't be that hard to build.

There is Macincloud.com which averages out at about a dollar an upload on their prepaid plan. All logins are rounded up to an hour, and you have to log in at least every 60 days or your hours expire. There are other places where you can rent a mac for 30-100 bux a month at some other rent a mac online sites.

Either that or build a Hackintosh.

Having an inexpensive (or free) SaaS application loader utility would be a godsend.

And yes, an upload only account is manditory for safety.

Ed

0 Kudos
José_Nicodemos_M_

I did as you pointed.

Created an Uploader Account and used it. After that I revoked the Access.

Worked fine!

Thanks for the tips.

0 Kudos
jian_f_
Beginner

Share a help in applying for ios credentials and uploading ipa in Windows  Appuploader tool 

www.applicationloader.net

0 Kudos