Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installation of Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows (update 7) hangs on my Vista (32bit) box.

Philippe_Galvez
Beginner

Hi,

I havea problem with chklic.exe crash on the beggining when "Reading Existing Licences..." when installing Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows update 7 (w_ccompxe_2011.7.258.exe) on my Windows Vista Bussines 32bit. The problem is described also here

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-installation-or-uninstallation-hangs-at-start-up-dialog-during-reading-existing-licenses/#comment-65942

but with notice about fix for win7 in update 2 (?). I tried also update 2 with the same result, it fails to install!
Then I tried to install update 1 (w_ccompxe_2011.1.127.exe) and installation works fine !!!!!

Can you help me please because I am not able to install and use the latest updates.

Thank You.

Viktor.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JenniferJ

I saw your comment on that issue article, but not sure if it's the same problem.

what type of machine (cpu info) do you have?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Philippe_Galvez
Beginner

I saw your comment on that issue article, but not sure if it's the same problem.

what type of machine (cpu info) do you have?

Jennifer

my CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz

Viktor.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

We need to get the dump info from the debug version of chklic program. Let me transfer you to the License forum to start that.

One way to work around this is to replace the fli folder with the update6 fli files.

thank you for your patience!
Jennifer

0 Kudos
Philippe_Galvez
Beginner

We need to get the dump info from the debug version of chklic program. Let me transfer you to the License forum to start that.

One way to work around this is to replace the fli folder with the update6 fli files.

Jennifer

Hi Jenifer,

attached is a dump file from update6 fli files.
I hope this helps.

Thanks
Viktor.

0 Kudos
Philippe_Galvez
Beginner

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
is there some update/progress concerning tomy problem? Did you manage to look on my last dump file you asked?

Best Reagards.
Viktor.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Hi Viktor,
I was hoping by moving your thread to the license forum, you may get some helps from others.

sorry that looks like there has been silent.

Have you filed a ticket to Intel Premier Support?

thank you,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Victor,
Please accept my apologies for the delay. I'll have a look at this and give you an answer soon..
Regards,
Hubert
0 Kudos
Philippe_Galvez
Beginner
Hi Viktor,
I was hoping by moving your thread to the license forum, you may get some helps from others.

sorry that looks like there has been silent.

Have you filed a ticket to Intel Premier Support?

thank you,
Jennifer

Hi Jenifer,
yes I have.I postedit on 2.12.2011. I have not received any news from them so far.BTW it isissue number653266 and it is still open.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Our support team has filed a bug report in Dec 2011 already, but with no progress so far, I'm very sorry.
We'll follow up on Premier Issues #653266.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Viktor,

Our dev team has fixed this issue in the 13.0 product (Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 for Windows or Intel C++ Studio XE 2013 for Windows). Please let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos