Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel 945 - VGA Out Slow

senab
Beginner
Hello,

I've finally got my laptop's 945 to output at a custom resolution for my LCD TV via VGA. All was well until I tried using Vista Media Center with it. When I'm on the Laptop LCD, VMC's animations was fluid whereas on VGA the animation is extremely slow. My LCD runs at 1280x800, and my TV at 1280x768.

Is this is known thing?

Thanks for any replies...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_M_Intel
Employee

Check out support.intel.com for more direct support. However, make sure you only have one display active at a time. When you have more than one active, say a TV and the LFP (local flat panel), data has to be driven to both places. That can cause a bandwidth issue, especially on older parts like the 945. If you're just driving the TV, it should be relatively the same speed as the LFP-only solution, given like content. There are other variables like protected vs non-protected content and whole potential cans of worms there as well. First, try the easy stuff though.smiley [:-)]

Chris

0 Kudos
celtophile
Beginner
Quoting - Fendriss

Check out support.intel.com for more direct support. However, make sure you only have one display active at a time. When you have more than one active, say a TV and the LFP (local flat panel), data has to be driven to both places. That can cause a bandwidth issue, especially on older parts like the 945. If you're just driving the TV, it should be relatively the same speed as the LFP-only solution, given like content. There are other variables like protected vs non-protected content and whole potential cans of worms there as well. First, try the easy stuff though.smiley [:-)]

Chris

Senab

how did you get your 945 configured to output to TV via VGA? My XP laptop will not even recognize the TV as connected hardware.
0 Kudos