Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Crashed on Debug

Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Hi friends, 

I'm having a little issue with the latest Intel XDK, whenever I run the simulation and open the debug window, the whole Intel get stuck except for the simulation window. I have to open the task manager to force close Intel to get it working again.

Could you help me with this issue, please.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please check to see if this is your issue > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/635053 < Also, attach a copy of the xdk.log file that is generated after the XDK crashes to your post.

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thank you for replying, I have read the topic and it doesn't seem the problem.

I can open the simulation tab and everything works fine, but when I click the Debug Starter button sometimes works perfectly fine, but sometimes the debug window, and all Intel XDK freeze without doing anything just by clicking the Debug Starter button.

This is my log...524954

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mauricio -- thank you for the crash log. I'm assuming you are sending the crash log to our servers? Engineering does review these for issues.

Is this issue unique to trying to debug only your app in the simulator or does it happen even if you open a sample app? For example, can you open the simulator and debug the "hello cordova" sample app? Or does that app also crash the XDK when you try to debug it?

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Paul, sorry for not answering quickly, I've been out a couple of days. 

I've tried the sample app and it does work well. So I'm lost, I don't know what is the thing with my App, that does this.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I recommend you try debugging your app in the Debug tab, that might reveal what is going on. If that doesn't work, try debugging a built app. See this doc for hints on how to do that > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools <

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Following up on this subject, I have a question.

I recently installed XDK on another computer, I opened the same app I'm building, simulated it and clicked the debug button and it worked well, moreover, something that didn't work before worked in this new computer.

Looking for any difference between the two computers, the only thing different is that one has Google Chrome Canary browser and the other normal Google Chrome, so my question is, the version of Google Chrome somehow affects the operation of the Intel XDK?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The version of Chrome should have no impact -- other than the version of adb that is on your system. If Chrome had started a copy of adb and that version was running, it may have interfered with the copy that the Debug tab works with. That tool can create conflicts and is a necessary component. That's the only thing I can think of that might be getting in the way.

Mauricio -- my discussion above refers to using the Debug tab, not the Simulate tab. Which tab is causing you problems?

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul, is the simulate tab.

I tried the debug tab and works well but when I relaunch the App on debug mode throws some errors on yellow.

0 Kudos