Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Parallel Amplifier fails

Sanghee_Park
Beginner
Hi,
I am trying to get used to with Parallel Studio but it is not easy to start.
First, it bogged me with installation problem for half a day but eventually I was able to get some help from this forum(it was Unicode problem).

And now I read some documents of Paralle Amplifer, tried to do as "getting_started_ampl.pdf" suggested. I copyed sample "matrix solution" to other place, compiled it and pressed "Profile" button with "Hotspots". But it fails as soon as the "matrix.exe" starts with error message "An Error occured during result finalization".

Output window shows

"[time...] Error 0x40000003 (unexpected internal error / invalid state)"
"Warning: cannot load data file 'F:\....\matrix\My Amplifier Results\rxxxhs\data.0\xxxx.trace' (tpss trace file is corrupted)"

The problem can be reproduce with other VC++ solutions.

Does anyone have tips for this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - Sanghee Park
Hi,
I am trying to get used to with Parallel Studio but it is not easy to start.
First, it bogged me with installation problem for half a day but eventually I was able to get some help from this forum(it was Unicode problem).

And now I read some documents of Paralle Amplifer, tried to do as "getting_started_ampl.pdf" suggested. I copyed sample "matrix solution" to other place, compiled it and pressed "Profile" button with "Hotspots". But it fails as soon as the "matrix.exe" starts with error message "An Error occured during result finalization".

Output window shows

"[time...] Error 0x40000003 (unexpected internal error / invalid state)"
"Warning: cannot load data file 'F:....matrixMy Amplifier Resultsrxxxhsdata.0xxxx.trace' (tpss trace file is corrupted)"

The problem can be reproduce with other VC++ solutions.

Does anyone have tips for this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Sanghee,
First of all I assume you can run or execute thesample application in a standalone fashion (directly from command line) or directly from Visual Studio (without using Amplifier).

If you are seeing "An error occurred during result finalization" that tells me that actually application is executing, amplifier is analyzing it but then Amplifier is having problems during the analysis and finalization of the result.

Could you let us know the details such as OS type, version of the Amplifier, version of the Microsoft Visual Studio you are using?

Please also check the following KB article: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-information-to-provide-when-there-is-an-issue-with-intel-parallel-amplifier/

I would be interested in the following

bin32ampl-feedback.exe .zip
where is the Intel Parallel Amplifier install directory for example: C:Program FilesIntelAmplifier2009, and could beany name of one's choice.
Note: The zipped log file with be saved in the current directory.

Meanwhile, I'll investigate if we have seen such error.

Thanks,
Levent
0 Kudos
Sanghee_Park
Beginner

Of course the app runs fine standalone. I should have mentioned that.

I attached my system information from Dxdiag.exe and VisualStudio.
In short, I am using Visual Studio 2005 with SP1on Windows XP. CPU is Intel QuadCore. Parallel Studio is the latest version.

Regrettably, I couldn't find the log file. The page you gave tells that "Note: The zipped log file with be saved in the current directory." but it seems theris no .zip file in my project folder orparallel amplifierinstall directory.
0 Kudos
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee
Thanks for the system and version info.

Also, it looks like how we collect the feedback info has changes so please ignore my previous request. What you have provided is good for now.

However, could you share one of the results directory causing a problem with us? The results are normally stored under "My Amplifier Results" directory. In your original post, the results seem to be at 'F:....matrixMy Amplifier Resultsrxxxhs". You can simply zip one of these results directory (rxxxhs) and attach to this post.

Thanks
Levent

0 Kudos
Sanghee_Park
Beginner
I attach zipped My Amplifer Result folder.

Thank you for your effort.
0 Kudos
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - Sanghee Park
I attach zipped My Amplifer Result folder.

Thank you for your effort.

Thanks for the results files. It looks like something is going wrong during collection so could you please run the collection from the command line and send us the log files? The command line version is by default available under C:Program FilesIntelParallel StudioAmplifierbin32

Example: ampl-runss.exe -r matrix-results -debug -log-dir matrix-results -- matrix.exe

Please send us the log-dir (matrix-results in this case).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Sanghee_Park
Beginner
Hello,
Here is the result folder. I did the command twice and both time tiggered JIT debugger.
I hope this may help.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - Sanghee Park
Hello,
Here is the result folder. I did the command twice and both time tiggered JIT debugger.
I hope this may help.

Thank you.

Hi again, according to the logs our collectors don't even seem to be starting. Can you share steps or a test case to reproduce this issue?

The problem could be due to locale/unicode issues. You have mentioned that you had problems during the installation which were resolved. Maybe some things didn't install properly.

Also if possible, I would recommend testing maybe on a different system and see if it is reproducible?

Thanks
Levent
0 Kudos