Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Parallel studio tools used on the command line??

none2356
Beginner
Which Parallel studio features are available from the command line? Can I setup a Amplifier analysis and run it from the command line? Or a memory leak analysis?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JenniferJ
You can use Parallel Composer from command line (build environment from start menu).

Jennifer

0 Kudos
none2356
Beginner
You can use Parallel Composer from command line (build environment from start menu).

Jennifer

I think the real answer is that no, you cannot use the Parallel Amplifier, and other tools from the command line, except the Parallel Composer, which Jennifer answered correctly. The real answer to the question is that if you want to do performance analysis or memory leak checks from the command line you must use Intel VTune or the PTU tool. This way you can setup batch jobs to do standard performance analysis from rev to rev of your software to look for any egregious performance problems or memory leaks.
0 Kudos
David_M_Intel3
Employee
Quoting - none2356
Which Parallel studio features are available from the command line? Can I setup a Amplifier analysis and run it from the command line? Or a memory leak analysis?

The first update to Intel Parallel Inspector provides a command line collection utility for memory and thread inspection. The data collection will remmber specified suppression files and report out whether "new" observations are reported. This update was posted to the registration center the week of 10 August 2009. All registered users should be able to download htis update. Writing a blog about this is on my list of things to do.If we provide an update that offers command line to Intel Parallel Amplifier we will be sure to post a notice to the forum.

-David

0 Kudos
David_M_Intel3
Employee

The first update to Intel Parallel Inspector provides a command line collection utility for memory and thread inspection. The data collection will remmber specified suppression files and report out whether "new" observations are reported. This update was posted to the registration center the week of 10 August 2009. All registered users should be able to download htis update. Writing a blog about this is on my list of things to do.If we provide an update that offers command line to Intel Parallel Amplifier we will be sure to post a notice to the forum.

-David

Intel Parallel Ampliifer update 1 now offers a command line collection feature. It will report out differences between a previous run. Check it out!

-David
0 Kudos