Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK 2893 download

Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Update:

Hello Developers,

We have released a hotfix version 3240 which fixes the critical issues found in version 3088. We are seeing some XDK crash issues with 3240 and we are actively working on providing a solution. For that reason, although we highly encourage you to use the latest version of Intel XDK (3240), we are making the older version 2893 available for developers who really cannot work with the new version. The installation binaries are attached to this post.  

---------------------(old message)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Developers,

Due to few issues in version 3088 of Intel XDK (which we are already working to fix), we got request to make the older version available. Although we highly encourage you to use the latest version of Intel XDK (3088), we are making the older version 2893 available for developers who really cannot work with the new version. The installation binaries are attached to this post. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel XDK team

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Thank you for the effort with a new version. I hope that soon we will have it back.

I removed the XDK installation 3088 (unfortunately) and install the 2893 version. I made all changes that I need and I want to build to test over a real device. But I can´t. I receive a message "Unable to build... access denied".

access denied.jpg

I am logged and my connection is OK. What I need to do? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Uhn... very odd: I create a new project from blank and it works. The build was ok.

I tested with another existing project and the issue is the same. I tried to change the APP ID with no sucess.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

It's possible that your project has CLI 4.1.2 set. Support for Cordova CLI 4.1.2 has been removed from the build system, so you won't be able to build CLI 4.1.2 project. Please go to Build settings and change the version to CLI 5.1.1.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Swati> No, I had checked it before. Both are 5.1.1 and CLI 15.

0 Kudos
Njendu__Kenneth
Beginner

I had the same issue while trying to debug on an external device. The build server no longer supports builds from version 2893. It would have been nice to leave that functionality in place for a few weeks while the cutover to 3088 was happening :( 

debug_fail.png

0 Kudos
Njendu__Kenneth
Beginner

@Swati, ight you know when debug functionality is available again? It was very helpful and building a full APK each time a unit test is needed is not practical. Have a few deadlines to meet on this end. Other that these hitches, you guys do a great job, keep it up.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Kenneth -- unfortunately, the custom debug modules in 2893 were built using the CLI 4.1.2 system, regardless of whether or not you selected CLI 4 or CLI 5 in your build settings. There were many plugin compatibility problems with this older approach.

Is there an issue you are experiencing with 3088 that is preventing you from using to that version? There have been some problems for some people moving to 3088, but I believe we have identified workarounds for all of those issues.

The other option is to build with "debuggable" set to "true" and debug your built app...

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Kenneth - I am raising the issue to the engineers in charge of the build. I just spoke to one of them who said there was a change in the Android debuggable App Preview build process recently.

@Hamilton:

• which window are you on when you get that error message? The Build window that pops up on top of the Build Tab window, or are you building a debug module?
  • Are you building for Android?
  • When you open a project in an upgraded XDK version, that project gets upgraded. The projects you are working on in 2893 - are those saved versions NOT upgraded in 3088?
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Ah, Paul was responding at the same time I was, so I just had a chat with him and the engineer that I'd spoken to.

@Kenneth - the change to the debuggable build process that I spoke of has to do with CLI 4.1.2 as Paul says. Paul's workaround of setting "debuggable" set to "true" will be the only way you can use 2893 and create a custom debug module.

@Hamilton - ignore my third bullet - you would have gotten a warning had you tried using an upgraded version. Also, please see Paul's solution to your AJAX issue in you other thread. Perhaps that will allow you to move to 3088.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Pamela> After Paul´s response I upgraded to XDK 3088 and I am converting just now my first (old) app. Considering it, for me, forget this issue. Thanks.

After convertion and tests, my next step is to publish in Google Play with an old certificate (I have 2 ones and I could recover only 1 until now).

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Thanks for updating us, Hamilton.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Pamela> I used another computer to test this situation. I think I found the issue. When I use my normal account (old version XDK), I receive this message (Unable to build. Please verirify that you are connected...).

Then, I created a new account (sorry guys... it is my third account). Using this new one, I could build normally. It seems that the issue is on my account on the server, not in my computer.

Is it make sense?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Hamilton - Which account are you using now? Are you using the certs we sent you in your 3rd account?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Pamela> I have 3 accounts now. To build, only the last one is working. The 2 old ones do not permite upload files when I click on START BUILD.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Hamilton - Okay. Then with the certs we sent you, you are good to go?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Pamela> Yes, now I can build and pusblish normally. But, in order to use XDK, I am using the new account. For this forum, I am using the official one. This situation confuses me...

I think that my 2 old accounts are joined and with some issue.

0 Kudos
David_C_10
Beginner

How can I download Intel XDK 2893 ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

David -- you cannot download that version. It will not work with our current backend system, so even if you could download it there's not much you could do with it.

0 Kudos