Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK 3759 Won't Uninstall

Paul_D_
Beginner

I have Intel XDK 3759 installed on Windows 10 Home (x64).  I am logged in as an Administrative account.  I want to uninstall the product but it refuses to complete the action correctly.

1)  From Windows 10 "Apps & Features" I select Intel XDK & click "Uninstall".  When prompted, I click "Uninstall" again.

2)  I click "Yes" to allow the application to make changes.

3)  I am shown the Welcome screen of the Intel XDK installer.  The "Modify" and "Repair" options of the product are greyed out so I can only choose "Remove".  I then click "Next".

4)  I enable the checkbox to "Remove configuration files" and click "Next".

5)  At the warning that Intel XDK will be removed I click "Remove".

6)  At the top of the screen I am shown "Intel XDK.  Uninstallation.  However JUST below this I am shown "Intel XDK in now INSTALLED'.

This is obviously a bug.  I am shown the product is both uninstalled & installed on the same screen.  When I check the "Apps & Features" list the product is still installed.  I re-downloaded the installation file & re-ran it in the hope that it might fix this problem, but it didn't.

Please assist in uninstalling Intel XDK.

Thanks,
Paul.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Paul_D_
Beginner

Thanks for the URL but it assumes in step 1 (From the Windows Control Panel, remove the Intel XDK, using the Windows uninstall tool) that running the uninstall from the control panel works.  It doesn't work, hence my issue.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Skip that step, use the other steps, they will completely uninstall the XDK from your system. Might leave an "uninstall" setting in the Windows apps list, but it will do a complete uninstall.

0 Kudos
Startech_S_
Beginner

These steps aren't working for me because the file paths do not exist, but Intel XDK installer still recognizes The XDK as already being installed. So I need to figure out how to completely uninstall it so when I run the installer it runs fresh. The installer keeps coming up with an error that says the installation wizard ran into an error and failed (to repair or uninstall, both get the same error). Any idea as to why this might be happening? Been trying to fix this for over a week now... 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Startech S. wrote:

These steps aren't working for me because the file paths do not exist, but Intel XDK installer still recognizes The XDK as already being installed. So I need to figure out how to completely uninstall it so when I run the installer it runs fresh. The installer keeps coming up with an error that says the installation wizard ran into an error and failed (to repair or uninstall, both get the same error). Any idea as to why this might be happening? Been trying to fix this for over a week now...

Those steps > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk < assume you installed into the "default" location. The latest version (3900) installs the user data files one level deeper, but using the locations specified will still find that information. Did you install in the "default" location? If not, you'll have to find the location you did install into and remove those files.

To remove the product from the Windows Control Panel "Uninstall or change a program" list, find this entry in your registry (using regedit):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and delete any sub-entries that refer to the Intel XDK. For example, on my Windows machine I get this sub-key:

ARP_for_prd_xdk_0.0.3900

If your only interest is creating a config.xml file from an existing XDK project, you do not need to use 3900 to do that, you can use this Node.js script, which will get you 98% of the way there (you'll have to do some manual merges, but they are pretty straightforward).

https://github.com/xmnboy/xdk-to-cli

0 Kudos