Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK “Push to Testing Server” not pushing

Script47
New Contributor I

For the last couple of days I've been trying to push an update to app preview for an app I'm working on using Intel XDK. It says it has pushed

Pushed less than a minute ago.

but when I open the app on App Preview it has the old app version i.e. before the fixes. This has been a recurring issue for the last 2/3 days (I think when 2548 was released). I'm not sure if this is an issue on Intel's end or my end. This prevents me from building the app as it is using an old version of the app when it makes the APK and stops me from using app preview.

**Note:** If I switch to the WIFI

test mode on the TEST page and scan the QR code it brings the updated version up in app preview. 

I have also tried updating through the online center where you can upload a ZIP but it still doesn't work.

So my question is, is there anything I can do to overcome this issue because it's wasting a lot of time as some plugins that I'm using require you to build the APK to test them?

**Other Information**

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Script47
New Contributor I

This issue has been resolved.

"I just went back to the app, I removed all the plugins and reinstalled them. The issue was that plugin formally known as *Dialog* was renamed to *Notification*. So XDK would try to find a plugin which didn't exist. After removing that plugin and adding the *Notification* plugin everything started to work again."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

It sounds like your firewall could be blocking the XDK from connecting to our servers. Can you add a rule to allow it through the firewall?

Testing on WIFI allows your phone to connect to the XDK, through your router, there is no outside internet used.

Is this for 1 app or all of your apps?

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

It sounds like your firewall could be blocking the XDK from connecting to our servers. Can you add a rule to allow it through the firewall?

Testing on WIFI allows your phone to connect to the XDK, through your router, there is no outside internet used.

Is this for 1 app or all of your apps?

AFAIK it is only this app and it only started like 2/4 days ago and again AFAIK none of my firewall rules have changed.

Edit #1:

I allowed nw.exe through the firewall and still nothing. The updates are not going through.

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend uninstalling Intel XDK and doing a fresh Intel XDK install. This should rectify your issue.

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

Attempting the uninstall now, should I use early access or the available download?

Edit #1:

Should I remove old project structures not the files but the project information created by XDK?

Edit #2:

I uninstalled and left this unchecked:

It still doesn't push.

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I
It has been over a week now and still nothing. Can someone point me in the right direction?
0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

This issue is still on going, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Which version of App Preview are you using? on which platform (iOS/Android/Windows)? Make sure you have the latest version from the store.

Also, are you using XDK on Mac or Windows or Linux? 

Can you try deleting your project from App Center and then upload a fresh one?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

My suspicion is this is being caused by some stale or duplicate projects in the App Center. Log into App Center and remove the problem project from the list of projects in there (using the trash can icon). See FAQ #Q29 on this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

@SWATI S

Platform Android

Operating System Window 7

App Preview Version 2.5.0

@Paul F

I went on the App Center then removed the project.

I went back to Intel XDK and re-pushed the app and ran on App Preview, it still doesn't show the most updated version.

Just to make sure I switched to WIFI and scanned the QR code available and it worked fine. 

So it seems on WIFI it works fine but on MOBILE it fails as said in the OP. Any suggestions gentlemen?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Clear the App Preview cache and data, in the "Settings > Applications" section of your Android device. Then remove App Preview from your device. Log into the App Center and remove the app you are testing from there. Go to the Google store and install App Preview. Let me know if that works.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

To test if the XDK is uploading your code to the cloud correctly, log into AppCenter

https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/controlpanel.aspx

Then find your app, and click the Download button. Download the QA  version, as this is what App Preview uses. Compare this zip file with that of your app that you think you are uploading. 

Report back with results.

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

@Paul F

I removed the cache and other data for App Preview.

I uninstalled App Preview.

I removed the app from App Center.

I reinstalled App Preview and my app was missing.

I re-pushed the app using Intel XDK.

I refreshed App Preview and it was still the old version. 

@JOHN H

I compared my current code (the code that should be pushed) with the code from the site and the code from the site was outdated. I checked a file from the ZIP I got from App Center with the one on my disk, it was a JS file and the file from the ZIP was outdated. It still had old code which I'd removed in the file on my disk. 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Is it possible that you have multiple copies of your project with the same name? Try this,

->Make a copy of your project folder at a new location.

->remove .xdk and .xdke files from your new project folder

->In XDK Start a new Project > Import Your HTML5 code base

->Choose the new location of your project

->Give a totally new name to your project

->Create a project

If you had added plugins previously, you would loose the plugins info and some of the build settings in your project, so please add those required plugins through plugin manager and make appropriate changes to your build settings.

And then Push your project on the cloud and then see if it works.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you make some changes (add a simple text file to root of the app) and push your app again to the cloud?

I want to compare it with whats there now.

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

@SWATI S

I did all of that, I created a new project called Action, I kept the WWW from the old app file I re-added the plugins back in to the project through XDK and I synced and ran on App Preview and it still failed. I can guarantee there is no issue with the code as said before and I tested again to make sure, it works on the WIFI tab properly.

@JOHN H

I pushed a .txt file saying Hello on the app. I didn't use XDK as I've removed the project off there. I updated using App Center.

Could it be App Preview? I'm not sure because even when I build the app it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I can see the file with Hello JOHN H. which was not there previously, which is a good.

I am a little concerned that you are using AppCenter to update your app. I highly recommend that you use the XDK for uploading your files.

Your app in the cloud has 2 buckets, QA and Production. In the XDK when you upload using the TEST tab, it gets pushed the the QA bucket, which App Preview uses. When you build, it gets pushed to the Production bucket.

When you are in AppCenter, and want to push your QA bucket to Production, you must click the Promote button. At this point I would download your production bundle just to verify that it was pushed successfully. This is really old code, which is why I am again highly recommend that you use the XDK.

What could the problem be? It has to be an issue with your device/connection/app preview. Since no one else is having this issue, it must be a issue with your device/connection.

Do you have another device to test with?

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

@JOHN H

I have been using XDK to push, I only pushed using App Center because I removed the project from XDK, I have tested on 3 other devices and still the same issue.

What are my choices?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What version of the XDK are you using?

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

I removed my OS and now I'm re-downloading XDK, I'm using 2611 now and I'm retesting.

Edit 1

I was trying to re-add the plugins I was using and this error came up. I've already ran the command to install GIT.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK looks for git in the path on a Linux machine, which I'm assuming you are using, based on the error message. If you open a shell (terminal) command window, and type "git" at the command line do you get a "command not found" message or a help screen? If you get a "command not found" message it means that git is not in your path.

0 Kudos