Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK “Push to Testing Server” not pushing

Script47
New Contributor I

For the last couple of days I've been trying to push an update to app preview for an app I'm working on using Intel XDK. It says it has pushed

Pushed less than a minute ago.

but when I open the app on App Preview it has the old app version i.e. before the fixes. This has been a recurring issue for the last 2/3 days (I think when 2548 was released). I'm not sure if this is an issue on Intel's end or my end. This prevents me from building the app as it is using an old version of the app when it makes the APK and stops me from using app preview.

**Note:** If I switch to the WIFI

test mode on the TEST page and scan the QR code it brings the updated version up in app preview. 

I have also tried updating through the online center where you can upload a ZIP but it still doesn't work.

So my question is, is there anything I can do to overcome this issue because it's wasting a lot of time as some plugins that I'm using require you to build the APK to test them?

**Other Information**

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Script47
New Contributor I

This issue has been resolved.

"I just went back to the app, I removed all the plugins and reinstalled them. The issue was that plugin formally known as *Dialog* was renamed to *Notification*. So XDK would try to find a plugin which didn't exist. After removing that plugin and adding the *Notification* plugin everything started to work again."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. If it is in your path, but the XDK still does not find it, try the "custom git path" solution that is suggested in the dialog box. If git is in your path, you can identify the precise location by typing:

which git

at a command-line. If it is not in your path, you'll have to locate it and specify that location for the XDK.

0 Kudos
Script47
New Contributor I

This issue has been resolved.

"I just went back to the app, I removed all the plugins and reinstalled them. The issue was that plugin formally known as *Dialog* was renamed to *Notification*. So XDK would try to find a plugin which didn't exist. After removing that plugin and adding the *Notification* plugin everything started to work again."

0 Kudos
Alan_E_
Beginner

If I need out network team to allow access to intel servers what information do I need to provide them

URL ? What URL where to I find this info ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alan -- are you asking what server URL do you need to access to make the Test tab work?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alan -- not sure if this answers your question, but these are the server addresses that the XDK needs access to if you are need to configure a firewall for external access:

• appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com (for communication with the build servers)
  • s3.amazonaws.com (for downloading sample apps and built apps)
  • download.xdk.intel.com (for getting XDK updates)
  • debug-software.intel.com (for using the Test tab weinre debug feature)
  • xdk-feed-proxy.html5tools-software.intel.com (for receiving the tweets in the upper right corner of the XDK)
  • signin.intel.com (for logging into the XDK)
  • sfederation.intel.com (for logging into the XDK)

Normally this should be handled by your network proxy (if you're on a corporate network) or should not be an issue if you are working on a typical home network.

0 Kudos