Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK error loading plugin?

Campuzano_Serna__Jua

XDK version 3641

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right category for the message but there are so many categories that I'm not sure which one is the right one.

The thing is that XDK never finishes loading when I add this plugin:

enCasa.png

Source: https://www.appodeal.com/sdk/documentation?framework=13&full=1&platform=1

The project is a test for android of the appodeal plugin, and exported with Cordova using Construct 2 and the new format of intel XDK, all correct, is failure is when adding that plugin.

Can this be solved?
Any information you can provide to help, please let me know.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

Do you get an error message or XDK just hangs showing "Fetching Your Plugin" ?

I tried to add this plugin and it took some time, but finally loaded.

0 Kudos
Campuzano_Serna__Jua

Shahab L. (Intel) wrote:

Do you get an error message or XDK just hangs showing "Fetching Your Plugin" ?

I tried to add this plugin and it took some time, but finally loaded.

Hi, it was because the plugin occupies about 250 megs and my connection is not very fast, I thought maybe XDK was getting blocked, I already solved it with a less heavy plugin and it works fine.

Please excuse the inconvenience, thanks for the help !.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It appears to be a very large plugin, which is going to cause troubles during build. It took a very long time to install that plugin in a test app, net size was 609MB, our build system only handles about a 400MB build package, so just adding that plugin may cause troubles when it comes time to build.

Rather than pulling the plugin in via the git repo, try pulling it in via the registry. The registry name of that plugin is com.appodeal.plugin. However, as far as I can tell, that version only contains code for Android, it appears to be missing the iOS parts.

0 Kudos