Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK update: problems with sudo and root authentication

Diego_Fernando_M_

Hi, i'm using Intel XDK in Ubuntu Gnome 15, for some reason when i try the latest update of Intel XDK when it ask me for reload the IDE and then it gives me three options: install in my user folder, in /opt/intel/xdk using sudo and the last but using root account or sudo option the updater/installer tell me that my password are wrong but i'm sure is the right because i'm the root user, i have my intel XDK installed already in /opt/intel/xdk.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Not sure what is causing that, but can you install it in your user directory as "you" rather than doing a sudo or root install into /opt/intel? The app is totally relocatable, so installing it as "you" will locate it in your home directory where there will be no permission issues.

0 Kudos
Njendu__Kenneth
Beginner

Still an issue with the latest update. Decided not to upgrade as I'd like it installed for multiple users of the machine

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Kenneth -- when you say "latest update" do you mean 2611 or 2673.

0 Kudos
Smith__Jesse
Beginner

I am having the same problem, sudo authentication failed on update.  Ubuntu 16.04, currently xdk3240.

The original install was two weeks ago, no problem authenticating then.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ed -- please install the XDK as local user, not as sudo or root. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Smith__Jesse
Beginner

What happens to the current sudo install in /opt/intel if I do this?  Is it removed?

I don't like cluttering use space with development tools, but I can try it. It really won't resolve this issue, though. I would prerfer to have a system install. Is there any access to the install scripts do i can debug the install problem?

Ed B.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ed -- the existing /opt/intel will stay, your local install will be in something like ~/intel/xdk (don't remember precisely).

The install script is inside the download, just use "tar xvf xdk_web_linux32_master_3357.tgz" to extract it and you'll see the install.sh script in the directory that the package is extracted to.

0 Kudos
Smith__Jesse
Beginner

Thanks, I'll have a look.

0 Kudos