Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Internal error after updating to the new version

Anna_G_1
Beginner

I was working with my project and everything was fine, and all of the sudden I was asked to update to the new version of XDK, so I did. Now when I open my project it says Internal Error (see the attached screenshot), on the build tab.

I have tried and restarted my computer and restart XDK but still the same. I have Windows 10. 

0 Kudos
38 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you able to create a blank project or a sample project (for example, the "hello, cordova" sample) and open the build tabs with those projects?

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

Yes that works in the sample project. 

I tried and removing my project completely, and removed all of the project files and exported again from Construct, and when I open the project in XDK i get another error, see attached error2.jpg.

Then I pressed close and I could open the build tab, but when I opened another tab the whole program froze and I had to turn it off via task manager. When I opened it again I got this third error, see attached error3.jpg, which I have never had before when working on this project! Everything has been working fine before with the plugins and all. Super strange!

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Anna,

Thank you for attaching the images - super helpful.

The Cordova plugins directory does not match the XDK plugin file. You've got to pick one or the other, then if you need the other plugins, add them through the Plugin Manager (just above Build Settings).

Pamela

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

Well ok, that has never come up before but..  I chose one and when I got in to the project, the first error (internal error etc..) came up again in the build tab. 

Is there some way to go back to the previous version of XDK? I really need to be able to work on my project. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anna -- You may have some plugins specified in your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file which is causing this problem. It is important that you add the plugins using the plugin manager, that Pamela referenced.

When you export from Construct2, are you using the "open a project" option with the XDK to open that exported project in the XDK? There is a "project-name.xdk" file in the export from C2 that you need to "open" (do not use "import"). This works the FIRST time you export and import. After that, depending on how you work with C2, you should either copy the exported source files into your existing XDK project, or, if you do ALL your editing and work in C2, it might be easier to delete the old project and then "open" the newly exported project (by opening the "project-name.xdk" file in the exported project).

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

<edit - I responded before I saw Paul's response. So ordering may not make sense.>

Hmm . . . well, if the build issue is coming up because of plugin mismatch, reverting may not help.

Try removing all the plugins and adding them back through the Plugin Manager. If that fails, we can get you the previous version. But really we need to find the root cause. I don't know of anyone else having this problem. So if XDK is the issue we want to work with you to find the cause, if your app is the issue, you will need to eventually find the cause. We only support 2 versions and we upgrade every 6-8 weeks, so you can't stick to one XDK version indefinitely.

Also, unless you saved a copy of your project before opening it in the new XDK version, it will may not work when you revert back. (Though you can get it from Construct 2 again.)

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner
But it worked just fine before the update! I always delete all of the files and export again when I make changes in construct. And i open the project in XDK just like you are describing.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anna -- I also sent you a private message asking for a copy of your exported project, so we can try it to see if we can reproduce what you are seeing. It might also help to ZIP your entire project AFTER you open it with the XDK, so we can see that, as well.

0 Kudos
Javier_del_A_
Beginner

Goodnight. I am having a problem with any version of Intel XDK had had. Export my project Construct 2 as cordova and when added to Version 3491 Intel XDK, I get this error that keeps me going. (Unsupported Project Folder Structure.) I had never happened to me. What's going on ?

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

I'm feeling stupid now but how do I find the plugin manager if I cant use the build tab? I usually go through the build settings from there, and to the plugin manager, but since I can't see anything but the error message on the build tab, how do I get to the plugin manager? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Javier -- please see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#www-folder < for some help converting your project so that it does contain a www folder (which is what it's looking for with that error message).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anna -- plugin manager is on the Projects tab. See this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/add-manage-project-plugins <

0 Kudos
Javier_del_A_
Beginner

ty Paul. But. I'm not very good at developing and I can not come to understand the steps, it should be easier d elo seems. But not understanding. It would be so kind as to send a catch how to do? Thank you so much

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anna -- thank you for providing that C2 project. There is definitely something wacko with the new release that is not properly importing the project, like it did so well with the 3400 release. I'll will alert engineering regarding the issue. In the meantime, I've attached the download binaries for 3400 so you can go back to that.

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

Ok next problem..  I can't uninstall XDK. I go to control panel and remove/add programs and choose uninstall XDK, I go through the uninstaller and in the end it says "Intel XDK is now installed. For any support you may need, please visit us at httpblababka".
And everything is still there like before! 

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner
Yes I saw that, but since the first line was "From the Windows Control Panel, remove the Intel XDK, using the Windows uninstall tool. Then:" And I cant uninstall it with the uninstall tool, I thought that wouldnt work I can still open the program and everything after I do the uninstaller
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Follow the steps after the bit about using the Windows uninstaller, it will get rid of everything.

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

Where do I write in those things? 

• Then:
    > cd %LocalAppData%\Intel\XDK
    > del *.* /s/q

• Then:
    > cd %LocalAppData%\XDK
    > copy global-settings.xdk %UserProfile%
    > del *.* /s/q
    > copy %UserProfile%\global-settings.xdk

​Is it in cmd? If I try and write that in cdm it says that it can't find the path or something like that. You have to be more specific please, I'm getting kind of desperate here! 

0 Kudos