Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Invalid University Email Address

Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm a French student trying to obtain a student license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition (includes Fortran and C/C++).

But, when I tried to apply for a license with my university email, it says I have shared an email address that "does not correspond to a degree-granting academic institution". I don't understand why, because my school grants a French engineering diploma which is equivalent to an MSc.

I appreciate any help I can get with this issue !

Mayeul

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Mayeul,

We might simply not have your school in the appropriate list. I'll see what I can do.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Thank you Alex !
By the way, my school is ESTACA (http://www.estaca.fr/en/).

Mayeul

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Mayeul,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that I'm working on this. I will let you know when I hear back from the relevant people.

0 Kudos
Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Hi, Alexandra,

Thank you for this heads up !

Mayeul

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Mayeul,

I have heard back from the folks on my end.

They tell me that your email address was refused because "estaca.eu" is a generic domain, and that email addresses for the school should be under the "estaca.fr" domain.

If you have an email at "estaca.fr," that should be accepted; otherwise, any further information you could share about the domains might be useful.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Alex,

I just have an email at "estaca.eu"; that is the only email address given to us by ESTACA. I have reach the IT department of my school to get some answers. What do you need to know exactly ?

Mayeul

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Mayeul,

I apologize for how long this is taking.

I wanted to let you know I'm still talking to the folks on my end and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Alex, 

I guess that it is an unusual issue, so don't worry.

I had a answer from the IT department, my school has 2 domains, estaca.fr for the permanents (teachers, staff etc...) and estaca.eu for the students.
If the estaca.eu domain cannot work for the student licence, I arranged myself with a teacher to use his estaca.fr email address.

Mayeul

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Mayeul,

"I had a answer from the IT department, my school has 2 domains, estaca.fr for the permanents (teachers, staff etc...) and estaca.eu for the students.
If the estaca.eu domain cannot work for the student licence, I arranged myself with a teacher to use his estaca.fr email address."

That will not be necessary. I've clarified the issue with the people on my end and they will be adding estaca.eu to the accepted domains. I will let you know as soon as I've heard confirmation that it's been done. :)

Thank you for your patience!

- Alex

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Mayeul,

You should now be able to register for a student license using your estaca.eu account.

Please let me know if your issue has been resolved! :)

- Alex

0 Kudos
Mayeul_L_
Beginner

Alex,

Thank you a lot for the time you spent on my issue ! I was able to register and the installation is running !
Thus my issue is resolved !

Your help was much appreciated, thanks again ! :)

Mayeul

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Glad I could help, Mayeul!

Since your issue has been resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If you have other issues, please start a new thread to ensure we get to you in a timely and orderly fashion.

0 Kudos