Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Issue building IOS XDK project on PhoneGapBuild

Dominic_J_
Beginner

I followed the step to export a XDK project to build it on phonegap build. No issue with Android build, but with IOS I'm having issue with plugins. It looks like none of them are working well.

e.g. Cordova.plugin.file -> cordova.file.tempDirectory value is now null when built with PGB, but was good with IntelXDK, Same for status bar, where the IOS header overlay the application header in PGB and was ok with IntelXDK build.

I then built a XDK build version of my apps including code-push plugin. Application was work great until I push my first code update. The code update went well, but after the HTM5 code push the same behavior starts (plugin not working) even if it is a IntelXDK build.

Any idea what this could be? Is IntelXDK build inserting code in the www directory? or it is the config.xml (not sure if code-push is pushing that file)?

thank you for your help...only few days before loosing that xdk build :(

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dominic J. wrote:

e.g. Cordova.plugin.file -> cordova.file.tempDirectory value is now null when built with PGB, but was good with IntelXDK, Same for status bar, where the IOS header overlay the application header in PGB and was ok with IntelXDK build.

Which version of CLI are you specifying in your Build Settings?

What version of the Cordova File Plugin are you using?

Dominic J. wrote:

I then built a XDK build version of my apps including code-push plugin. Application was work great until I push my first code update. The code update went well, but after the HTM5 code push the same behavior starts (plugin not working) even if it is a IntelXDK build.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "code-push" plugin. Can you provide more details. A pointer to the plugin? What is this plugin supposed to do?

Dominic J. wrote:

Any idea what this could be? Is IntelXDK build inserting code in the www directory? or it is the config.xml (not sure if code-push is pushing that file)?

Neither the Intel XDK nor PhoneGap Build nor Cordova CLI insert code into the www folder. The config.xml consists of build directions. Plugins insert code into the Cordova application framework (not the www folder) and can change the behavior of your application. To understand what a plugin does you need to read that plugin documentation and work with the plugin author. We do not own or write or control how Cordova plugins behave or work with your app.

0 Kudos
Dominic_J_
Beginner

I didn't fix it completely yet, but it looks like my issue is coming from meta tag Content-Security-Policy. Is IntelXDK build do something special related to that tag, or is this something to change when building the apps on phonegap build or CLI?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK is not doing anything special regarding the CSP tag in your index.html file. The behavior of that tag is determined by the HTML5 runtime on the device on which your app runs.

Which version of CLI are specifying in your Build Settings?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Also, try removing the CSP rule entirely and use only the white list rules, sometimes that works for some people.

0 Kudos
Dominic_J_
Beginner

I cleaned by CSP rule and all good now. Not sure which element was causing the issue, but I still don't understand why I never got this issue usign IntelXDK build.....the magic of Intel :)

0 Kudos
Dominic_J_
Beginner

p.s. issue was with all CLI version available within XDK

0 Kudos