Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

KNL coprocessor, MPSS, hStreams

Mukundhan_S_
Beginner

We received couple of KNL co-processor's along with a xeon processor from Intel. I have installed RHEL 7.3 and MPSS 4.3.2 

• Example commands works well - micinfo, miccheck, micctrl -s (Pass) 
  • [root@em64tn ~]# micctrl mic0 -sv
    mic0:
        state:                      online
        post code:                  0xff
    micprun 
    • -bash-4.2$ micprun
      ERROR:  No mic cores found
              Make sure that the MPSS service has been started.
  • [root@em64tn ~]# service mpss status
    Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status  mpss.service
    ● mpss.service - Intel(R) MPSS control service
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mpss.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-02-09 10:25:34 PST; 1 day 1h ago
     Main PID: 1163 (mpssd)
       CGroup: /system.slice/mpss.service
               └─1163 /usr/bin/mpssd

Feb 09 10:25:34 em64tn systemd[1]: Starting Intel(R) MPSS control ser....
    Feb 09 10:25:34 em64tn systemd[1]: Started Intel(R) MPSS control service.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

• I try to run some examples which offload's through pragma directives to the target mic, but i get

• ./_results/intel_ilp64_parallel_sointel64/pardiso_sym.out >./_results/intel_ilp64_parallel_sointel64/pardiso_sym.res
      offload error: cannot start process on the device 0 (error code 22)

• I want to make sure my MPSS is properly installed before going to hStreams which is completely another mystery. Any Intel folks with an experience on KNL coprocessors, please throw in your tips.  
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Loc_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Mukundhan,

You need to set SSH password-less to connect to mic0, and source the composer's compilervars.sh  before running that tool.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Out of curiosity, I searched for product announcements on KNL coprocessor and didn't find anything.

0 Kudos
Mukundhan_S_
Beginner

Nguyen, Loc Q wrote:

Hi Mukundhan,

You need to set SSH password-less to connect to mic0, and source the composer's compilervars.sh  before running that tool.

Thanks,

Yes i have it set it up for passwordless, but i am unable to source it as the composer is in /opt/intel directory which the mic currently does not see it. I have sourced that in the host prior to the program execution.

0 Kudos
Mukundhan_S_
Beginner

Tim P. wrote:

Out of curiosity, I searched for product announcements on KNL coprocessor and didn't find anything.

Thanks the search, i know and that's why i posted here. 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Software support for newly announced products tends to remain under NDA for months after hardware release.  You should have a hardware support account where you could file a request, but they tend not to like to discuss NDA software on these forum pages.

0 Kudos
Mukundhan_S_
Beginner

Tim P. wrote:

Software support for newly announced products tends to remain under NDA for months after hardware release.  You should have a hardware support account where you could file a request, but they tend not to like to discuss NDA software on these forum pages.

Thanks Tim, yes i am in discussion with my Intel representative as well. Just thought the community might be able to input some feedbacks as KNL MPSS and KNC MPSS are similar. 

Thread can be closed, as it is Intel confidential and this might not be the right place i can find a solution.

Thank you all for your inputs.

0 Kudos