Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

LIVE PREVIEW ERROR

Chidozie_K_
Beginner

Intel support please help out with this problem of 'live preview error' whenever i try to use the live development tasks.

Am using intel xdk 3522.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hal -- please see these two FAQs, they will help if you've got a problem proxy setup:

Have you confirmed that the conditions described in the error message have been met? Especially:

• make sure firewall or anti-virus software do not block local connections
  • make sure localhost (127.0.0.*) addresses are not proxied

Also, please this FAQ:

which includes some additional links of value, including how to use Brackets to do what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
Chidozie_K_
Beginner

Thanks Paul, but am still having the error message even after turning off my firewall. And i dont know the setings that ensure that localhost addresses are not proxied. This error is delaying me in my studies, please help me out.

HP notebook 650

OS; Microsoft windows 10

intel xdk version 3522

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Chidozie -- please download Brackets and use the Live Preview feature that is built into Brackets. If you have troubles with Brackets, see the links pointed to by this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/debug-test#live-layout-chrome < for additional help.

0 Kudos
Chidozie_K_
Beginner

Ok Paul, thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner

I have A problem using Live Preview,,, Keeps on asking me to Open an html file or make sure there is an index.html in your project in order to launch live preview. I have a new project created and I see js.and an index.html file. Don't know which other html file I have to open. Please solve me this problem asap. am stocked.

0 Kudos
Ndifor__Awemu
Beginner

I cant find Open Folder on my File. I checked it says I should look at open folder but can't. 

0 Kudos