Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

License Check Failed: Amplified XE 2016 on Linux

Jeff_M_1
Beginner

We have a license server for our Parallel Studio XE 2016.

Trying to use the product results in a "License Check Failed"

Error 0x4000001f (No Valid License)

I see a seemingly valid license file in /opt/intel/licenses/USE_SERVER.lic and the contents of the file appear to be right.

I don't have any trouble using Amplifier XE on Windows with the same license server settings..

Please help.

Jeff

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Jeff,

Can you tell me the serial number of your license or upload the USE_SERVER.lic file via 'Send Author A Message".

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Jeff_M_1
Beginner

Message sent.

0 Kudos
Jeff_M_1
Beginner

Any suggestions or help?

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Jeff,

Thanks for the log which shows that you are running an outdated license manager (v11.6). You should install v11.13 to have support for all new license features from version 2016.

All license info obtained by lmutil lmstat looks good. Only actual license version are running on wopr2, but as said, you need to upgrade the license manager to have support for all version 2016 components.

Well, the log shows a successful check-out of a VTune license seat, but I guess the version of VTune is not 2016. Could you please check which VTune version you are running?

But for 2016 compilers the license manager must be updated, otherwise no license seat can be checked out.

License manager v2.4 downloads: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?ProductID=2841&pass=yes
Please note that only the registered license owner has access to the download page. And please DO NOT download and install the beta version as this is for new users.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to contact me again.

BTW: I would suggest that you register for the respective Intel software products a the Intel(R) Registration Center to get Intel(R) Premier Support. Take any or all of your actual serial numbers and register them (all) at IRC. This will add you as registered user to the licenses and enable premier support.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Jeff_M_1
Beginner

Upgraded license manager to v11.13.1

Everything seems to be working now. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos