Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Login failure installation process

Sergio_D_
Beginner
Good Morning, I try to install the latest XDK version, unfortunately without success. My environment: OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5. I had an older version installed, after I wanted to login, a window appeared showing that my password was outdated and I should create a new password. After verifying the new passwords and the successful login to the xdk I have made an update. For the installation i was asked for the password, i tried several times, unfortunately without success. Then I uninstalled XDK and downloaded the latest version. When installing, I am constantly asked for the administrator password, which is unfortunately wrong. I used the same password I used for the forum. Does anyone know the problem. Many thanks in advance
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The password you need to provide for installation is your Mac admin password, it has nothing to do with your XDK password. This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way the installer presents that password request.

The password you need to provide at this point in the installation is the same you would provide if you saw one of these dialogs:

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.25.34 AM.png

0 Kudos
Sergio_D_
Beginner

I have tried the Mac Adamin pass (the password which will be asked when installing new apps), but it seems to be the wrong ...
I will try to delete all preferences from the older version

0 Kudos
Sergio_D_
Beginner
here the screens
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sergio -- have you followed these instructions from Apple? > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201760 < Also, see this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/699456 <

0 Kudos
Sergio_D_
Beginner

@Paul
yes, i followed the instructions ... MAC Admin password seems not to be the right one ...

After all I installed the previous version ( xdk_web_mac_master_3522 ), using the old installer and now it runs again

so I better wait with the "update"

thx

0 Kudos