Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

MKL license and Parallel Studio XE for Windows & Linux

Benoit_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to include MKL in a commercial product that runs on both Linux (32 & 64 bits) and Windows (64 bits). As far as I understand, I cannot use the Community license to sell the product, but need to purchase a Named-User license. Do I need to purchase a Parallel Studio XE license to have the right to distribute the libraries (.so and .dll) or a binary linked against MKL? Is Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ sufficient for that or are there other alternatives?

I am developing on Linux with GCC and cross-compiling to Windows. Do I need both versions of Parallel Studio for Linux and Windows to have the right to redistribute my software for both platforms?

If I purchase a Parallel Studio license, do I need to renew my license each year to redistribute my software, or is it only if I want to include new versions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your question.

-Yes Composer edition includes MKL

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe/try-buy

-License itself doesn't expire. Renewal applies to Support which entitles you to Premier Support and Product Updates (new versions of the product).

Please check out FAQ for additional information: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading

I am not sure about this part

I am developing on Linux with GCC and cross-compiling to Windows. Do I need both versions of Parallel Studio for Linux and Windows to have the right to redistribute my software for both platforms?

Let me know if you have other questions or need further help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Benoit_G_
Beginner

Hello Devorah,

Thanks for your quick answers!

Devorah H. (Intel) wrote:

I am not sure about this part

Let me know if you have other questions or need further help

If I purchase  Parallel Studio XE for Linux, could I distribute my software including MKL for Windows, or do I need to purchase Parallel Sudio XE for Windows too?

Actually, I do not really need Parallel Studio, but just a license to redistribute my software which includes the MKL for Linux and Windows. It would be great if I did not have to buy two versions of Parallel Studio.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hi,

I would think that PSXE for Linux is sufficient. However, please have your legal verify this. 

0 Kudos