Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Maya 2008 crashes on Intel 4500MHD graphics

lxxxxl
Beginner

System: Fujitsu T5010 notebook, Intel P8600 2Ghz CPU, 4GB ram, Intel GM45 Express Chipset, Vista Home Premium 64bit

Program: Maya 2008 (32 bit and 64 bit)

Recently tried installing maya on a Fujitsu T5010 Centrino 2, and Maya crashes upon startup, right after the splash screen disappears and the gui pops up.

Tested with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of maya 2008.

Why i'm sure it's the intel graphics that's causing problems, is that upon removal of the graphics driver, maya is able to start properly in the default 800x600 resolution. I've tried installing the newest drivers from Intel's site, but to no avail.

Is there anyone who has a Centrino 2 notebook and can use maya successfully with the intel graphics? Or any beta drivers I can try? All help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
7oby
New Contributor II

Have you seen this thread?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61192

I know it's XP, but I'm very sure there is a great deal of code sharing between the OpenGL library of the Windows XP and Vista. In v15.11 Vista drivers OpenGL 2.0 has been introduced. If there's support for GM45 in v15.10.x drivers, you may try installing one of those. They should have OpenGL 1.5 support and maybe Maya runs.

You can't go back to

0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner
Quoting - 7oby

I know it's XP, but I'm very sure there is a great deal of code sharing between the OpenGL library of the Windows XP and Vista. In v15.11 Vista drivers OpenGL 2.0 has been introduced. If there's support for GM45 in v15.10.x drivers, you may try installing one of those. They should have OpenGL 1.5 support and maybe Maya runs.

You can't go back to

7oby, the 4 series chipsets have been supported since 15.9.8 drivers. Those are official support of course, even older versions will run with low performance.

0 Kudos
clubjwp
Beginner
Quoting - 7oby

You can't go back to

yes i have faced a similar problem, but being not so technical, i couldnt figure out the problem...yes there is support for GM45 in v15.10.x drivers..lemme try this will get back to you

0 Kudos
lxxxxl
Beginner

OK, tried the newest 15.11.3.64.1576 drivers, maya still crashes. How can i get hold of the older intel drivers?

0 Kudos
7oby
New Contributor II

Here's v15.9.8 for Vista 64-Bit. Older drivers won't support 4500MHD without hacking .inf file (if at all). This driver can also be found clicking "previously released drivers" in the driver download section of your chipset GM45.

0 Kudos
lxxxxl
Beginner

Update: Finally! v15.10.1473 works!

0 Kudos