Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Mounting over NFS with MPSS 3.4.1

Alastair_M_
New Contributor I

Dear all,

I must apologise for this seemingly simple question.

I am having a problem mounting anything over nfs since I installed a new MIC card and installed MPSS 3.4.1.  I have a working NFS setup on another machine with MPSS 3.2.1 but the same script is not working for me with my new MIC.

I am using micctrl like this:

sudo micctrl --addnfs=172.31.1.254:/micnfs/ --dir=/micnfs

I then ran:

sudo service mpss stop
sudo micctrl --resetconfig
sudo service mpss start

When I ssh into the MIC, the /micnfs is not mounted and the /etc/fstab looks like this:

[root@cluster1-mic0 ~]# cat /etc/fstab 
rootfs        /        auto        defaults        1  1
proc        /proc        proc        defaults        0  0
devpts        /dev/pts    devpts        mode=0620,gid=5        0  0

Should the micctrl with addnfs not add this the mount point to /etc/fstab?

Looking at the cotents of /var/mpss/mic0/etc/fstab shows the same default values as shown above.

Did I miss a crucial step here?  I read the steps from the document here: http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/4862/mpss_users_guide.pdf  

Are these instructions still correct?

Best regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

Skip the 'micctrl --resetconfig'. The next release of the User's Guide is removing a number of references to using the resetconfig option and in this case, you should omit that step. The original purpose of 'micctrl --resetconfig' was to push changes from the micN.conf file out into the "real" configuration files. This was before you used micctrl to change the configuration files directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

Skip the 'micctrl --resetconfig'. The next release of the User's Guide is removing a number of references to using the resetconfig option and in this case, you should omit that step. The original purpose of 'micctrl --resetconfig' was to push changes from the micN.conf file out into the "real" configuration files. This was before you used micctrl to change the configuration files directly.

0 Kudos
Alastair_M_
New Contributor I

Frances Roth (Intel) wrote:

Thanks Frances, that worked perfectly.  Do you know when the up to date user guide might be ready?

Best regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
TaylorIoTKidd
New Contributor I

Alastair,

The new User Guide is in the works and is estimated for early next year. but we don't have an estimate for it's release at this time.

Regards
--
Taylor

0 Kudos
Alastair_M_
New Contributor I

Taylor Kidd (Intel) wrote:

Alastair,

The new User Guide is in the works and is estimated for early next year. but we don't have an estimate for it's release at this time.

Regards
--
Taylor

Thanks Taylor.  On a slightly related question, is there a mailing list for subscribing to MPSS/documentation updates?

Best regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

When a new MPSS is released, it is added to the downloads page and is announced in this forum. You can subscribe to follow the downloads page https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss or, if you don't mind the traffic, you can subscribe to follow this forum https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-many-integrated-core.

0 Kudos