Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Multiple product installation

DAlessandro__Larry

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere.

I've got a two seat floating license for Intel Fortran Parralel Studio.

I haven't installed anything yet.

According to the salesperson I should be able to install two different versions of the same product. In this case I need to install  Intel Fortran 2011, and the most current Fortran version as well.  Can I simply download and install these, or are there steps I need to take to avoid the products from stepping on each other?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hi Larry,

You should be able to install both, but I believe only one can be integrated with the same version of Visual Studio at a time.  Are you planning on using them both within the same version of VS?

Regards,

Jennifer 

0 Kudos
DAlessandro__Larry

Hi Jennifer,

We only have the VS2008 express edition installed at the moment.  Does the latest version of Fortran include it's own VS Shell?  If it helps there's no other language being developed in on this box besides Fortran.  If needed they could run via the command line although I don't know how difficult that would be.  We're used to the GNU tools, so this is very different for us. 

Thanks

Larry

Edit. Been doing more reading. BTW, part of the reason I appear so clueless is that I'm not the end user here, just got tasked with doing the installation and "making it work". Anyhow, If I install two Fortran versions that have their own VS shells, should that be a problem?  One would be 2011 with the VS2010 shell, and the other would be the current release with whatever shell it comes with.

Thanks

0 Kudos