Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Native iconv on the mic?

Alastair_M_
New Contributor I

Dear all,

I want to get iconv running natively on the MIC using mpss 3.2.1.

I see that there appears to be a binary on my host system at /opt/mpss/3.2.1/sysroots/k1om-mpss-linux/usr/bin/iconv

Is this binary supposed to just be copied to /usr/bin/ on the mic?  Is there an rpm package anywhere?  I couldn't find it in the mpsd-3.2.1 k1om package list.

Best regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Evan_P_Intel
Employee

Alastair M. wrote:

Is there an rpm package anywhere?  I couldn't find it in the mpsd-3.2.1 k1om package list.

The "iconv" program is actually a subcomponent of GNU libc; you'll find it within glibc-utils-2.14+mpss3.2.1-1.k1om.rpm.

If you're unsure which RPM package a particular file is installed by, scanning the available RPMs for it can be done with a few lines of bash:

$ tar -xf mpss-3.2.1-k1om.tar
$ for f in mpss-3.2.1/k1om/*.rpm; do rpm -qp $f -l 2>/dev/null | grep -q bin/iconv && echo $f; done
mpss-3.2.1/k1om/glibc-utils-2.14+mpss3.2.1-1.k1om.rpm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It should be possible to mount or copy over from the mpss host directory.
0 Kudos
Evan_P_Intel
Employee

Alastair M. wrote:

Is there an rpm package anywhere?  I couldn't find it in the mpsd-3.2.1 k1om package list.

The "iconv" program is actually a subcomponent of GNU libc; you'll find it within glibc-utils-2.14+mpss3.2.1-1.k1om.rpm.

If you're unsure which RPM package a particular file is installed by, scanning the available RPMs for it can be done with a few lines of bash:

$ tar -xf mpss-3.2.1-k1om.tar
$ for f in mpss-3.2.1/k1om/*.rpm; do rpm -qp $f -l 2>/dev/null | grep -q bin/iconv && echo $f; done
mpss-3.2.1/k1om/glibc-utils-2.14+mpss3.2.1-1.k1om.rpm

0 Kudos