Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Need to find Intel Integrator Toolkit (itk)

Bill_S_2
Beginner

I recently got a new Intel desktop board # DZ77BH-55K to replace a failing mobo of a different brand. I want to use the Intel Integrator Toolkit to customize some things in the BIOS, but the setup program on the drivers & utilities disk only makes a desktop shortcut to Intel's site. The itk is not available as a download on the support pages for this board, and searching Intel's site turns up nothing. There are several references of the itk in the Communities Forums, including dead links and screen shots but no valid download links.

The 100 page Technical Product Specifications pdf file also references the itk and has a hyper link that doesn't lead to a download.

I did manage to find and download an old version of it from a "free software download" site but it has some crippled features like no ability to check for Updates and I just don't want to use software from a source like this.

I know that this board is about 4 years old and that Intel does not sell motherboards into the integrator or end user market anymore, but there MUST be a way to download the most recent version. It is a free Intel product - can somebody point me to a good Intel download page for it? TIA.

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
In overall, if we would follow the same way, that is Disrespecting Legacy Things, we would Not have Public Libraries with items older than 100, or 200, or 300 years, etc, like books, reproductions, and so on. I'm telling that again and here is my message: Intel's Top Managers please change that wrong policy and Software Communities really need a dedicated web-link with Intel's Legacy Software back to as many as possible years and available for a free download even if that software is no longer supported. It is an INVALUABLE and PRICELESS software heritage!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Harold_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Bill,

For support regarding desktop motherboards, please post to the communities here: https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/desktop

Or, you can submit a support ticket  here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards, Hal

Intel(R) Developer Zone Support

http://software.intel.com
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of other

0 Kudos
Bill_S_2
Beginner

Hal,

Thanks for the reply. Shortly after my post here I found the answer (sort of) in a post by EstebanC_Intel in the Desktop and NUC Forums where he quotes an apparently official statement by Intel regarding status of the product:

"As of August 1, 2015, Intel has ended support for Intel® Integrator Toolkit (ITK). The software will remain available on Download Center through the end of 2015."

I happened to download a newer version of it, again from a non Intel source.It still has no ability to check for Updates which I believe is simply an indicator of EOS. I'll post in the Desktop Forum to see if I have the final version. Thanks again.

Bill

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...there MUST be a way to download the most recent version. It is a free Intel product... Simply to let you know that there is a Big Problem here and Intel does Not honor its own software when it is older than 5, or, 8, or 10 years. In another words, Intel does Not have a dedicated web-link for Legacy Software similar to web-links provided by Oracle or NVIDIA. Speaking about these two companies, Oracle and NVIDIA, I would say that their web-links to Legacy Software are awesome and it is possible to download Legacy software installations older than 20 years, for example for Windows 95 or like that. Microsoft also slowly removes old software from its download web-site and this is also Not a good thing. I tried to explain it many times on IDZ but Intel's Top Level managers do Not care about Researches, Software Engineers and Developers who are in need for some Intel's Legacy Software.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
In overall, if we would follow the same way, that is Disrespecting Legacy Things, we would Not have Public Libraries with items older than 100, or 200, or 300 years, etc, like books, reproductions, and so on. I'm telling that again and here is my message: Intel's Top Managers please change that wrong policy and Software Communities really need a dedicated web-link with Intel's Legacy Software back to as many as possible years and available for a free download even if that software is no longer supported. It is an INVALUABLE and PRICELESS software heritage!
0 Kudos
Bill_S_2
Beginner

I changed my flag for Best Reply to the post's by Sergey Kostrov. I wasted  hours searching for the itk only to discover that Intel treats it as if it NEVER EXISTED! It was EOL just 9 months ago, and members are still discussing or looking for it in the Desktop and NUC Forums.

Searching intel.com gives no hits for it, not even for what appears to have been an official announcement about EOL. Why no temporary Sticky Topic in the Desktop Boards Forum?

This is pathetic. This software should have been included as a full install on the disk that came with the board and as a current download for the board. WHO CARES if Intel does not support it? Most people like me NEVER need or want support from companies like Microsoft or Intel. We can do just fine by googling and finding Forums to get what we need.

0 Kudos
Pierre_T_3
Beginner

Hello, 

I'm the technical director of company that sells between 2000 and 5000 Intel NUCS yearly. Sometime we mount more over 100 NUCS per day and we integrate our own linux-based OS + our specialized software (Digital Signage)

We also use a customized version of the bios thanks to the Intel Integrator Toolkit. We edit the "Manufacturer Name", the "Product Name" + the Boot logo and other very important settings in the bios configuration.  This customized ".BIO" file is integrated in every NUCS we prepare.

I'm not happy about what I'm reading in this post !!! As you might guess, the ITK is very important for us because it allows to install a customized version of the bios in the system we sell avoiding extra-work and human mistakes of configuration.

I can't imagine working without that software....... Intel, do you have any solution for this ?

Pierre

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I'm the technical director of company that sells between 2000 and 5000 Intel NUCS yearly... You're addressing it in a wrong place and you should contact Intel's CEO directly because I don't think Intel's CEO reads our posts on IDZ. One more thing, please take into account that Intel Corporation follows a "Dancing Dinosaur Business Model", as many large corporations around the world.
0 Kudos