Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Need to transfer a IF 2016 license to a new machine

Andrew_W_
Beginner

I have Intel Fortran 2016 installed on my laptop, but I am not able to refer to license file and move it to a new machine. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Andrew,

What do you mean you are "not able to refer to license file"? Please explain your problem in more detail.

I looked you up in our database and found your fortran compiler. It's a named user license, so you should be able to install it on multiple machines.

- Alex

EDIT: Come to think of it, you mention this is a 2016 license, and the one associated with you on our database is much older and support appears to have expired a long time ago. It may not be the same one you're referring to. If you know the serial number of your compiler, please send it to me via private message by clicking the Send Author A Message link on the gray bar by my name.

0 Kudos
Andrew_W_
Beginner

I think we bought like three (or four) seats for the license. I just need to move "my" copy from my surface to my desktop. I tried to copy the old license key over (and unistalled the version on my surface), but no luck. Can you regenerate a new license and void the old one?

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Andrew, please see the private message I have sent you.

Update: This issue has been handled outside of the forum, so this thread will now be closed. If you have a question or problem, please create a new thread so we can get to you in a timely and efficient fashion.

0 Kudos