Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Nothing is working anywhere

Anna_G_1
Beginner

I've made a game in Construct 2, and it works well when I preview it through Construct. 
But when try it in XDK, nothing works. The emulator only shows a black screen, when I test it, it crashes immediately on start up, and when I try the debugger, it crashes immediately also. So I have no idea what is wrong. I don't have any plugins or anything as far as I know, so it can't be that. 

I don't really know what more to post here so that you can help me, but if you tell me what to post, I'll do it! Thank you.
I'm using XDK 3400

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Have you successfully exported an app to the XDK from Construct2 in the past? It's not clear to me if this is a sudden change in behavior of your app or if you're just starting with the XDK.

0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner
I tried exporting another small game I made just for fun before, and the emulator was black then too but it worked when I tried it on my mobile through XDR.
0 Kudos
Anna_G_1
Beginner

The game is a dressup game, with lots of images, and the whole game is in one layout. It seems like it crashes because it's too much to handle or something, because I tried and deleted more than half of the content and then it works. But it works so well when I use it from construct, so it's weird I think. 
The images aren't on the layout when it starts either, so it shouldn't be that much to handle! 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you run your game in the Construct site you're running it on your desktop/laptop machine, which is much more powerful than a real mobile device and your mobile device generally has much more limited memory resources, which can make a big difference when dealing with large apps that contain lots of images and media resources.

0 Kudos