Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

PXC_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE trying to playback recorded data from rssdk file

Jiawen_C_
Beginner

I recorded a .rssdk file using the Raw Streams example and am trying to programmatically read the data using the SDK. I recorded several files at various resolutions, framerates, and formats with the color stream only (depth, ir, left, right, all disabled). The files load fine in Clip Editor and I can export them through the interface to a directory of PNGs.

However, I can't seem to read it using the SDK. I followed the sample here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/10/15/how-to-record-and-playback-streaming-sequences-in-intel-realsense-sdk

01 PXCSenseManager* sm = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance(); 
02 pxcStatus sts;   
03 // Set file playback name 
04 sts = sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetFileName(filename, false); 
06 // Enable stream and Initialize 
07 sts = sm->EnableStream(PXCCapture::STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, 0, 0); 
08 sts = sm->Init(); 

I can confirm that SetFileName succeeds: if I give it an invalid filename, it correctly returns PXC_STATUS_FILE_READ_FAILED. sm->EnableStream also succeeds with PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR. However, no matter what I do, sm->Init() fails with PXC_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE.

I tried various combinations of sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetRealtime(true / false) and ->SetPause(true / false) without any success.

I can further confirm that sm->QueryCaptureManager()->QueryNumberOfFrames() works correctly - returning the correct number of frames.

Surprisingly, even though sm->Init() fails, sm->QueryCaptureManager()->QueryImageSize(PXCCapture::StreamType::STREAM_TYPE_COLOR) returns the correct image size (correctly varying with which filename I pass in).

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Have you tried to playback the clip using Raw Streams sample? If it doesn't work, please upload small failing clip to some share so we can check it.

0 Kudos
Zhuoqing_C_
Beginner

I seem to have a similar problem trying to playback a recorded rssdk file. I use the example code from the documentation 

01 PXCSenseManager* sm = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance(); 
03 // Set file playback name 
04 sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetFileName(filename, false); 
06 // Enable stream and Initialize 
07 sm->EnableStream(PXCCapture::STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, 0, 0); 
08 sm->Init(); 
10 // Set realtime=false and pause=true 
11 sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetRealtime(false); 
12 sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetPause(true); 
14 // Streaming loop 
15 for (int i = 0; i < nframes; i+=3) { 
17    // Set to work on every 3rd frame of data 
18    sm->QueryCaptureManager()->SetFrameByIndex(i); 
19    sm->FlushFrame(); 
21    // Ready for the frame to be ready 
22    pxcStatus sts = sm->AcquireFrame(true); 
23    if (sts < PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR) break
25    // Retrieve the sample and work on it. The image is in sample->color. 
26    PXCCapture::Sample* sample = sm->QuerySample(); 
27    .... 
29    // Resume processing the next frame 
30    sm->ReleaseFrame(); 
33 // Clean up 
34 sm->Release();

The code works most of the time. However, when the recording includes any of the Depth + Confidence modes, the program crashes. It seems that the sense manager fails to initialize and line 8 sm->Init() returns error -3 PXC_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE.

Curious if this problem has been resolved yet.

0 Kudos