Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel studio XE 2016 update 3 and Visual Studio integration crash

Felix_R_3
Beginner

I just installed Visual Studio 2015, latest download, checked all boxes (installed everything), and after installation, everything works fine. Then I open up Parallel Studio XE 2016 update 3 installer, install the default packages and integration with VS and now every time I open VS, it opens the default page just fine, but whenever I try to open/create new project, read the About tab, open any menu item, and visual studio just crashes. 

I had VS 2012 previously, but it's been deleted and every file/folder it ever created has also been deleted. Every extra component I could find removed etc. 

So what could be the problem? How would I even start diagnosing the problem. OS is Windows 10.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

You can try disabling the integration of Parallel Studio in Visual Studio.  Here is a guide on how to do this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-change-the-parallel-studio-xe-version-integrated-into-visual-studio.  The guide doesn't include Advisor, which is advixe-vsreg.exe.

If that fixes the problem, then you can enable them and check after each to make sure VS is still working.  If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can try going through the Windows Programs and Features to see if VS can be updated or repaired.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Felix_R_3
Beginner

I uninstalled VTune and Advisor, now everything works. I don't know what went wrong, but at least now I can code again.

0 Kudos