Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Phaser Game Works fine in Emulator, but black Screen on Androdid Device any build.

Rafael_H_
Beginner

I imported my html5 based game into intel xdk, it all works fine in Emulator no errors all good, but on my device and 2 more devices all I get is a black screen.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Rafael,

You should think of the Emulate tab as a Cordova API simulator, not as a device emulator. It provides you with a convenient viewport to help you visualize the approximate layout of your app on various devices and itsimulates the core Cordova APIs to make it easier to debug apps that use those APIs. It does not simulate real devices nor does it simulate third-party Cordova plugin APIs. Getting your app to work in the Emulate tab is not a guarantee that it will work on a real device. Conversely, if things work on a real device but do not work in the Emulate tab, that is not an indication that your app is "broken." The only way to know with certainty that your app works as intended is to build it and install it on real devices.

Which devices have you tried building for?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try building with Crosswalk, not Android.

0 Kudos
Alejandro_Martin_G_

Hi, I have the same problem, I only created a new projects with template phaser and cordova and start on simulator and I see an image of phaser then I build the apk with android and crosswalk  and download at my device and I get a black screen.

Please I need help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alejandro -- try using the debug process described here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools < to get a closer look at what is happening.

0 Kudos