Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Plugins with Gradle Scripts

Ömer_G_
Beginner

Hi team,

I wonder when we will be able to use plugins which use Gradle Scripts.

It's really needen, because most of the plugins cannot be used for now.

Regards,

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Ali_H_
Beginner

Hello guys, 

I'm building an app that uses Admob and Pushwhoosh plugins together. I tried each plugin in separate project they work just perfect. 

However, when both Admob adn pushwoosh are in the same project it fails or not install.

Is there any key solution to this issue? 

Thanks to all of you

0 Kudos
Ömer_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm sure there is no solution.

I gave up using XDK because of these build fails, late improvements, etc.

Just use pure-cordova cli

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Ali -- there is a special branch of the Pushwoosh plugin that can be found here > https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin/tree/intel-xdk < that addresses some issues with our cloud-based build system and conflicts with the Pushwoosh plugin. Please add it as a third-party plugin via the plugin manager as a "Git" plugin and reference the URL I gave you above and see if that helps. I'm assuming the issue you're encountering is the one that is fixed by this special version of that plugin. If my assumption is incorrect, you may still have a problem.

See the image attached to this post.

The values used in the dialog in the attached image are:

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

Do you still need to use pushwoosh-intel-xdk-plugin as recommended here or does pushwoosh-pgb-plugin that you get from the "featured" plugins work better now?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We have not done extensive testing. The version in the featured list is the last version without a gradle script, based on the master branch of that plugin's repo. The xdk branch cited in the March post is one version newer than the master branch version in the featured list, according to the repo. So you might want to use it rather than the featured version.

All the gradle script is doing is extracting the App ID from the manifest file, which is needed to insure a unique identify for your code as part of the Google Services module. I was just told that we have a workaround for this issue implemented in the build system, but I am unable to get the build engineer to confirm that, and I don't have a quick way to confirm this is the case.

If the above is true, you should be able to use the latest version of that plugin. If you could give that a try and report back, I could update the featured list to include the later versions of that plugin. The easiest way to test this would be to add that plugin as a third-party plugin as shown in the following screen shot:

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 4.32.08 PM.png

Notice that they changed the plugin ID, so make sure you REMOVE the old plugin from your project before using this one. By leaving the version number field blank you'll get the latest version present in the NPM registry (which is currently 5.0.1).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gary H. wrote:
Do you still need to use pushwoosh-intel-xdk-plugin as recommended here or does pushwoosh-pgb-plugin that you get from the "featured" plugins work better now?

Gary -- see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/cordova#push-plugin-fix < for instructions on how to make the latest version of the pushwoosh plugin work with our build system.

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

Hi Paul,  I downloaded the latest pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin and removed the Gradle reference as per the faq and it built fine with Google Analytics and the other plugins I use. I checked the AndroidManifest and it does contain my app ID in the provider authorities section so I think its all good. I haven't actually tried sending a notification to my app yet via Pushwoosh but I'm confident it will work. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gary -- thanks for that feedback. Post here if you find it doesn't work, but it sounds like it should work fine. :-)

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_2
Beginner

One year forward, - are there any updates regarding Gradle scripts? Can anyone give us a hint regarding the plans addressing this issue? It becomes a show stopper for us as well...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dmitry -- we are not allowed to provide roadmap and future feature details on public sites, that information is only available under private NDA conversations. Sorry, but that is a strict company policy.

If you are interested in using Cordova CLI to build your app, start with the instructions provided here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/685326#comment-1885369 < and, optionally, use this script > https://github.com/xmnboy/xdk-to-cli < to convert your XDK project settings to a CLI-compatible config.xml file.

0 Kudos