Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Previous xdk version

FP
Beginner

Hi guys

We love the xdk here, but can I make a suggestion. Could you have the previous version of xdk published somewhere at all times so that we can downgrade if there is an issue with an update. This has happened a few times (not all the time!) and we end up wasting hours and hours trying to figure out if it's something we did, because we don't want to jump to conclusions too soon. If the previous xdk version was available, we could quickly test and find out if the issue is linked to an update

Thanks for listening and for the great work

FP

0 Kudos
12 Replies
sergio_g_
Beginner

I agree. People should have the possibility of choosing between stable (older version) and WIP versions (newer version).

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee
0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

thanks a lot, it would be great if you guys could do that for every version.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

That would not really be possible. In some versions, there are core changes that are not backwards compatiable, so you will see a message about upgrading your app.

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Sorry, John, but this is not true - sometimes I would prefer to recreate a project including all settings for older version than using newer crappy version. Currently I have big big problems with version 1878, so it will cost me less time when I'll reconfigure the project to older version instead of dealing with 1878 bugs on daily. I fully agree with Sergio. Please, make older versions available.

Marek

0 Kudos
Claude_M_
Beginner

Great idea to give us the previous versions to solve some problemes.
My probleme is on iphone> the last version of intel xdk preview don't work > i can't launch any application since many weaks :( :( :( its realy boring 

Do you have a link where i can find a previous version of the intel xdk preview for iphone ? My friends had keep the old version and it work for them 

Thanks 

Michael 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Claude ~

Can you elaborate on what doesnt work? Cant launch any application?

Is this on device, with app preview? What device? What iOS?

0 Kudos
Thepjday_A_
Beginner

Specifically, I am looking for version 1912 - the last version that had live layout editing in firefox and Chrome. I have the linux version. I am looking for the Mac version.

Also, short of vmware, is there any way to run more than one version of XDK on one linux machine (per user account)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Thepjday_A_
Beginner

Oh and the windows version of 1912 to please.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thepjday -- Live Layout Editing is a Brackets feature, you can get to it by simply installing Brackets on your system and opening your project files using the standard Brackets editor. Then use the "Live Preview" feature in Brackets (it's exactly the same thing the XDK does when you are editing an "HTML5" project, because the XDK is using Brackets).

Live Preview the "lightening bolt" icon in Brackets, see the image below:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 5.18.06 PM.png

0 Kudos
sasanka_h_
Beginner

Can I downgrade to older version? coz newer does not have debug tab. I need remote connected device camera functions debugging.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

sasanka h. wrote:

Can I downgrade to older version? coz newer does not have debug tab. I need remote connected device camera functions debugging.

The Debug tab in the older versions does not work. They rely on a backend service which has been retired, so even though they include a Debug tab, you cannot use it anymore. Please see the docs for alternative solutions > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-remote-chrome-devtools-to-debug-android-cordova-apps < and the release notes > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk#3759 <

0 Kudos