Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Problem in build app size

Shakib_H_
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I've built some apps with Intel XDK few months ago. These app working correctly and the app sizes an thin. But now I've upgraded my Intel XDK to build 3240. After upgrading I've created an app and the app files size are 2.5mb but after building I got an APK. And the apk size is more than 23mb.

I think it is a problem that happends on build server. Please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your previous apps were probably build WITHOUT Crosswalk, and your new apps have been built WITH Crosswalk. See the "optimize with Crosswalk" option in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab. Unchecking it will likely get you what you used to have. We recommend you use Crosswalk for your Android builds, it provides superior performance on Android 4.x devices and insures consistent runtime behavior over all versions of Android.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your previous apps were probably build WITHOUT Crosswalk, and your new apps have been built WITH Crosswalk. See the "optimize with Crosswalk" option in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab. Unchecking it will likely get you what you used to have. We recommend you use Crosswalk for your Android builds, it provides superior performance on Android 4.x devices and insures consistent runtime behavior over all versions of Android.

0 Kudos
Shakib_H_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Thanks my problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Namık_Zafer_E_
New Contributor I

Shakib H.

If you build your application+crosswalk with Cordova CLI, before adding Android platform and building the application, run install command at the below link

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-minify

0 Kudos