Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Problems uninstalling icc

jason_s_9
Beginner

I was looking at how to uninstall the icc directory because I want to do a fresh install of icc.  Now when I looked at the notes in intel they said something about removing the intel directory where icc,etc is stored.  I did that and when I try to do reinstall icc I get the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initializing, please wait...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Intel(R) C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux* 11.0 is already
installed.

If you want to reinstall the Intel(R) C++ Compiler Professional Edition for
Linux* 11.0
please uninstall current version and run install script again.
Press "Enter" key to quit:

What is going on with this?  How do I resolve this issue?  What should i do to completely uninstall icc so I can reinstall it again.  I am trying to install this for a 64 bit machine because I was getting error messages saying that my libstdc++.so.5 was not in the right ELF class.  I said something about that this was a 32 ELF class when I have a 64 bit machine.  Any ideas on how to resolve these issues and also make a fresh install?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Jason

You may try steps in below article on how to uninstall icc on Linux:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/uninstall-intel-compiler-for-linux-when-uninstallsh-is-missing-or-not-functioning

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos