Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Product serial number is rejected.

Mike_Kinghan
Beginner
I am trying to particpate in beta testingIntel Parallel Studio XE beta for Linux (beta 2) but cannot get the installation to accept the product serial number that I received via automated email.

I have downloaded the fileparallel_studio_xe_2013_beta_intel64.tgz from the link in the email and run the contained install.sh script as root.
The script rejects the serial number I have been given with the error:
[bash]"The serial number you provided is not valid for this product." [/bash]
I have tried the alternative of directing the script to use license file attached to the automated email. The script rejects this with the error:
[bash] "The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product." [/bash] I am working on Fedora 17 and *have* successfully installed the previous beta of the product.What might be wrong?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee
Dear Mike,

Your license looks good and should work. I have regenerated it and sent to you again.
Please don't modify it with editor and try to install using the Licnese file option.

Regards,
Igor
0 Kudos
Mike_Kinghan
Beginner
Thanks Igor, but I'm afraid the new license file fails like the old one (they were identical). I have now tried deleting the entire /opt/intel directory before attempting installation of the download but that did not help.
Mike
0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee
Please try the file I resent to you anyway and don't modify it.

If it doesn't help, please collect logs and provide for investigation.

Please set the environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG to a file name, e.g.

export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG="/tmp/license_issue.log"

and run the installation. It is important to unset this debugging variable once you collected the logs to avoid performance issues.

0 Kudos