Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Published App not compatible to my device

xkevin
New Contributor I

I am having problem downloading my published app on google playstore. 

Before publishing the app, I have tried to build the app install on my device (Andriod Version 5.1) and test it several times. It works so well. But when I published it on google play the app is not compatible with my device. Why is that? Tried to clear data and clear cache my play store app and services but no luck.

These are the details in my build setting.

Cordova CLI Version 6.2.0

Minimum Andriod API: 14

Target Andriod API: 21

This is my first published app, Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

xKevin> Did you publish 2 files to Google Play (ARM and x86)?  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

xKevin> Did you publish 2 files to Google Play (ARM and x86)?  

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

xkevin -- you may be including a plugin that requires specific features which your device does not have. The Google Play Store attempts to filter which devices an app can be installed onto based on "device capabilities" that must match what the software requires. See > https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/compatibility.html#how < for more details.

0 Kudos
xkevin
New Contributor I

Sir Hamilton, The Intel xdk publish tool automatically uploaded the file on the Play store. I just added the whole zip file in packages under publish tab of the intel xdk.

Some other device like Asus Zenfone 6 able to download it, but mine (Alcatel Flash 2) does not. I also find out (on google play store developer console) that the supported device was only 402. Is there a way to add more device on this list?

I am just wondering why the I am able to install the app when I am testing it (directly download the generated apk after build).

P.S. Whats the differences of ARM and x86 apk? What fits on my device was the arm apk file. Maybe this was the problem..

0 Kudos
xkevin
New Contributor I

Sir Paul, Thank for the link you've shared. I only added some of the cordova plugins which are: 

Notification
InAppBrowser
Device
StatusBar
Camera
Compat
File
File Transfer

And these plugins are supported by my device. I tried and tested it. There was no error or bugs.

0 Kudos
xkevin
New Contributor I

Ok.. So this is the issue. The uploaded or published apk was only ARM file. I tried to close/refresh the google play store dev console then Go to APK tab -> it is automatically prompt you to upload another file. Then I uploaded x86 file. 

So.. new lesson learned! Now I know that there should be two uploaded file (ARM and x86 apk) on the play store. Now I have 12064 Supported devices. :) Thank you for help!

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Great! It was my suspiciuos.

0 Kudos
xkevin
New Contributor I

Thank you Sir Hamilton!

0 Kudos