Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

PushPlugin

nicolas_r_
Beginner

hi im trying to use PushPlugin  https://github.com/phonegap-build/PushPlugin but i have some problems and doubts because i don´t know  very well how to works whit plugins. first of all i don't know if i have to do the manual installation or if i add the plugin whit the project management i can skip those steps. then i copy the script from PushPlugin/Example/www/index.html  and add <script type="text/javascript" src="PushNotification.js"></script> to the head of the index.html and modify the sender id for what i get from google console. what more i have to do to make it work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

If you are using plugins that are not in the core plugins or featured plugins list under the Plugins Management, then you add it as a third-party plugin. In that you provide the git URL, the entire plugin (including required js files) gets copied into your local system. You do not need to add them separately. You can use pushwoosh plugin for push notification, which is a featured plugin under Plugins Management.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For more details please refer to this document: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/add-manage-project-plugins

• Core Plugins that are maintained by the Apache Cordova project team members.
  • Custom Intel XDK Plugins that are maintained by the Intel XDK team.
  • Featured Plugins that are popular among Cordova app developers and maintained by a variety of third-party plugin authors.
  • Third-Party Plugins lets you import any Cordova plugin, including plugins stored in git* repositories or your local file system. Use this category to add plugins that are not listed in other categories.
  • Except for the Third-Party Plugins category, when exploring plugins, you can:

• Read a short description of each plugin.
  • See a plugin's name, ID, and recommended version. You can also view its available version numbers (shown above).
  • View a plugin's README or main documentation page by clicking the xdk-projects-tab-plugin-manager-plugin-docs.png icon.
  • Change a plugin version before adding it by clicking the xdk-projects-tab-plugin-manager-plugin-version.png icon. You can also change the version of a plugin that is already part of your project from within the Plugin Management section of the Projects tab.
  • After you read about a plugin and choose its version and variables, add it to the active project by clicking Add Plugin.

•  
0 Kudos
nicolas_r_
Beginner

i look and it works for android and iOS right?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Yes! It does please read the Readme file you will find this information.

0 Kudos