Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Query on Intel RealSense SR300 camera

Hashim_K_
Beginner

Hello

I have two queries with respect to this. Can anyone please help me?

1) I am planning to buy RealSense SR300 camera for development activities. I am impressed with the features of this camera. However as part of may be a future enhancement for my application, i need to know whether the camera recognizes twins or may be triplets.

2) If i buy the SDK alone, will it work with any other cameras in market other than the Intel realsense cameras?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi Hashim,

1) Yes it can identify twins. Even it's predecessor the F200 was able to identify 2 faces at once. Triplets I cannot comment on, since I have never tried it yet, so will get back to you on that one.

2) You do not have to buy the SDK. If you check out this web page - https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download, it shows you can download the SDK for free. Moreover the SDK works specifically only with Intel's Real Sense cameras and no other, so no you cannot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi Hashim,

1) Yes it can identify twins. Even it's predecessor the F200 was able to identify 2 faces at once. Triplets I cannot comment on, since I have never tried it yet, so will get back to you on that one.

2) You do not have to buy the SDK. If you check out this web page - https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download, it shows you can download the SDK for free. Moreover the SDK works specifically only with Intel's Real Sense cameras and no other, so no you cannot.

0 Kudos
Hashim_K_
Beginner

Rishabh,

Thank You for your response. It was really helpful. I have couple more queries regarding SR300.

1) Is there any separate power source required for the camera to run  (say like an adapter or battery)?

2) Is this camera able to detect the person correctly even if he changes his facial style (say beard/moustache growth/removal, different hair style, mud/sweat on face etc.)?

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi Hashim,

1) If the camera is external , then the power source would be the laptop/desktop to which you connect the camera to.

2) Yes,it is. I do love the use case you are planning, but keep in mind though, proper lighting is highly recommended. Also the entire recognition would take a couple of seconds more for analyzing the same.

0 Kudos
Hashim_K_
Beginner

1) Camera connection is through USB cable, so the power is obtained from laptop through that right?

2) The entire recognition would take a couple of seconds more for analyzing the same. - What will be the maximum seconds? Why I am asking because performance also matters for me.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

1) Yes, it will

2) That is something unfortunately I cannot say for certain. You will have to test it out yourself, although the entire recognition shouldn't take more than 10 second. What I have observed is that if it is the same face being analyzed again and again, the time for the same reduces.

0 Kudos