Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Query on SR300 and Gaze Tracking

SPate12
Beginner

Hello,

I am planning to buy SR300 development kit. I have following queries regarding Gaze Tracking algorithm introduced in Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2

1. Gaze Tracking algorithm under category of Face Tracking and Recognition works with which image stream? Color or depth image stream or both?
  2. What will be the frequency of gaze data (samples per second)? Will it be same as image stream fps or different? Example, if algorithm works with IR stream at 200 fps and 640 *480 resolutions, Will Gaze Tracking algorithm be able to provide 200 samples per seconds?
  3. Intel 6th generation processor or above is recommended (not necessary) for SR300. Did anyone tried to integrate SR300 and SDK 2016 R2 with other (earlier Intel 5rd and 4th Gen) processors?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neil_S_1
Beginner

I too would like to know the answer to these questions. Also if the gaze tracking algorithm takes into account 3d data, ir pupil reflection or both?

0 Kudos
SPate12
Beginner

I have one more query regarding Gaze Tracking algorithm

After calibration, Gaze Tracking algorithm suggest dominant eye and give gaze point and gaze angle of the dominant eye. Is there any way by which we can get both eyes gaze point at a time?

0 Kudos