Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R200 Rectified Color Calibration Artefacts

LSchl
Beginner

My R200 camera has obvious calibration artefacts in the rectified color stream. Is Intel aware of this QA problem? How can I go about obtaining a new device with quality/accurate factory calibration?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

what do you mean? the projection methods for mapping color to depth or vice versa? can you post an image?

0 Kudos
LSchl
Beginner

Screenshot 2016-11-26 09.58.17.png

If you look at the shelves of the bookcase you can see how they are "broken" in several places. Look at the lower left of the image, where this is most dramatic. This is much more obvious if the camera is moving as these calibration errors follow the image and not the scene. This may seem like a small problem, but it is something I do not wish to deal with in my visual odometry routine.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Lee, you can try using the R200 Camera Calibrator application downloadable from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24958/Intel-RealSense-Camera-Calibrator-for-Windows-.

Just install and run it and it will guide you. It is very easy to use. I'm not sure if this will solve your problem.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like further assistance, please post your question in the RealSense Community. This forum in the Intel Developer Zone will soon be archived and all support will be handled in RealSense Community.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
LSchl
Beginner

Thank you for your reply Jesus,

I downloaded the calibration software, however, when I try to run the .exe, I get the following error:

Missing Dependencies:

Unable to load DSAPI.dll

expected v1.16.17.1, found v1.16.19.3

This seems to mean that the calibration executable is out of date. Perhaps a new version can made available, rather than having users roll-back other installed software?

Thanks, Lee

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Lee, you are correct. A new version of the R200 Camera Calibrator with support for the latest DSAPI has been uploaded to Download Center and it will soon be available. Please check again on December 6.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like further assistance, please post your question in the RealSense Community. This forum in the Intel Developer Zone will soon be archived and is no longer monitored. All support is handled in RealSense Community.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos