Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R200 crashes with high color resolution and low depth resolution

Kai_Z_
Beginner

I'm currently working on a program that uses both color and depth streams of the Intel RealSense R200. I want to use the lowest depth resolution 240p, since it has less noise than higher resolutions. However, when using it in combination with a 1080p resolution for the color stream, the sensor suddenly stops acquiring frames for some reason.

In detail, the method PXCSenseManager::AcquireFrame() at some points blocks for about 10 seconds before returning with error code -301 (i.e. "Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components").

Higher depth resolutions or lower color resolutions seem to work fine, but resulting either in more noise for the depth data or less quality for the color data. This problem occurs not only within my code, but also in the official RSSDK, namely DF_RawStreams and DF_CameraViewer.

Has anyone of you experienced the same problem and if yes, do you know a way to solve it? Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to find anything dealing with this kind of problem.

My PC has following specs:

1. Motherboard:
    • Mouse Computer Ltd. H110M-S01
  2. CPU:
    • Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  3. Memory:
    • 16GB RAM DDR3
  4. Graphics card:
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5

Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Are you using Windows 10 Anniversary Update? It may be because of a bug in that causing some cameras to crash. Try running your app on a PC which hasn't updated in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any current fixes. Apparently, Microsoft are planning on pushing another update which fixes this issue (amongst others) sometime in September.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Are you using Windows 10 Anniversary Update? It may be because of a bug in that causing some cameras to crash. Try running your app on a PC which hasn't updated in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any current fixes. Apparently, Microsoft are planning on pushing another update which fixes this issue (amongst others) sometime in September.

0 Kudos
Kai_Z_
Beginner

James B. wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply :) I'm not sure, if the reason lies within the Anniversary update in the end, but it works on different PCs. I might remember that it crashed before I applied the Anniversary update, but I'm not sure. I guess I have to wait for a new update from Microsoft then. 

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Just wanted to highlight for others that may have this problem that, as you mentioned in your first post, choosing a lower-resolution colour image is an effective workaround to stop the crashing until Microsoft fixes the issue. Hopefully it won't be long until we can use the full-res camera streams again!

0 Kudos