Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Re:iOS

Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi.

I have successfully created andorid and windows app ,but not able to generate app for ios. Please let me know.. Am not able to add ios certificate in intel XDK. Following the tutorial but after apple developer login am not getting the certificate identity profile to generate now one. Please help.

Thanks

Abhigyan 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your app ID does not match what's specified in your developer certs. See the following from the detailed build log:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“Abhigyan”) has an AppID of “com.example.aequm.alok” which does not match your bundle identifier “xdk.intel.blank.ad.template”.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,StoreReports.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,StoreReports,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../cordova_project/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Try changing the App ID in the Build Settings to match what's in your provisioning file (e.g., "com.example.aequm.alok").

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 Replies
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

That build error has been resolved ,after that I download a file with IPA extension it looks like zip file, after extracting it generating  payload folder,I guess that IPA file is real app, but how can I install that app in my apple mobile? Is there any option in which I can install it without apple store? like what we do in android ,Please help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

A variety of solutions can be found here > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20160285/install-ipa-to-ipad-with-or-without-itunes < and you'll find others if you search StackOverflow and blogs about PhoneGap Build.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

After using  PhoneGap build am getting error in iOS part rest is ok..

Errot -  Error: extension .cer did not match expected (p12)

You must provide a signing key, first. Find out how to fix this.

And more thing how to build many app in free version ,because it allows only one .

I can send u that certificate (.cer) file and .mobileprovision

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Based on the screen shot, you have not selected a signing certificate to use with PhoneGap Build. You have to give PhoneGap Build the iOS signing certificate, to keep in your account, so they can use it to build and sign your app. You also have to include an appropriate mobile provisioning file to perform that build. All of this is outside the domain and control of the XDK, we can export a build project, but we cannot provide the signing certificate and the mobile provisioning file that PhoneGap Build needs to build your iOS project. You must provide that directly to them, using their tool and instructions provided by them. Once you have given them the certificate you must select it on the build panel that you show in the screen shot.

Regarding the single private app slot for building a PhoneGap Build project, you can only build one app at a time, but you can upload any app you want into the private build slot. They do not keep track. Just try it, you'll see.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I need your help again.

I have generate IPA for iPhone ,but not able to install it.Please let me know how can i do that without  publishing it on App Store. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can only install debug versions onto your device. You'll have to provide a mobile provisioning file that includes your phone as part of the build.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

hi Paul,

I am not getting build option in XDK to build my project in android.

please help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build service has been retired, consistent with our announcement in March and the links that have been present in the Build tab since that time, announcing that the build system would be retired at the end of June. See the release notes for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk < you now MUST export your package for building with PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I need some help.. May I know ho can we configure  which page will open first in our project. As of now index.html page comes first after opening the app, but suppose I want to open different page without changing the name of page. Please help.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The default is index.html. I am not aware of a way to change that. In general, it is not good practice to use multiple html pages in a Cordova app, instead, you should use the "SPA" approach ("single page app"), which hides <div> elements to represent pages. See this Cordova next steps doc page for a little background > https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/next/#best-practices-cordova-app-development < this approach insures that your app retains a single JavaScript context.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I have created ionic cordova project including firebase but the size of the project is 80mb. So am not able to generate apk of it. Whenevr am using phonegap clod build its showing that max 50mb file i can build.. please help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you are using Ionic you have a Cordova project, so I would recommend you use Cordova CLI to build your app (which is what Ionic recommends). The alternative is to pay for a PhoneGap Build account so you can build something that is greater than 80MB. See this useful blog from Ionics > http://blog.ionic.io/what-is-cordova-phonegap/ < and this doc page for help setting up Cordova CLI > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-using-cordova-cli < on your system.

If you are including Crosswalk in your build, that is contributing to the size of the APK. If you are not, then it is all your app and/or the stuff that Ionic is adding. If you are including Crosswalk and only need to run on Android 4.4+ (or, even better, if you limit your app to running on Android 5+), you likely do not need Crosswalk. Here's a forum thread that explains a little more about that > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/721675#comment-1908468 < However, I'd be surprised if Crosswalk is part of your build is you are using Ionics to construct your app.

Otherwise, double-check to be sure you're not including unnecessary bits in your app, which may be contributing to the large size.

For help with Ionics please work with Ionics and their forum, we are not experts on Ionics apps or the Ionics framework. For help with Cordova CLI, see the StackOverflow Cordova tag, which is the best place for Cordova CLI help. For help with PhoneGap Build, see their online forum and the PhoneGap tag on StackOverflow.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul.

How are you?

Am facing some problem ,whenever am creating cordova build package in XDK to build apk ,am getting error:  first argument need to be number array or string .

Please help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Abhigyan G. wrote:

Am facing some problem ,whenever am creating cordova build package in XDK to build apk ,am getting error:  first argument need to be number array or string .

I'm assuming you mean that the XDK is creating an error message that says "first argument need to be number array or string" during the process of creating a build export package? Is that correct?

Can you provide a screenshot to add some context?

Are you using the latest version of the XDK?

Can you provide a sample project that does this?

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Using latest version ,

I don't know why am not able to attach screeshort. getting error that You are not authorized to access this page.

Can you send me personal message ur email id so I'll share my project 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I sent you a private message that you can respond to.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Am waiting for your reply 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The problem is you did not use the plugin management tool to add a third-party plugin!!

These <gap:...> lines are causing the error:

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 16.45.55 .png

The iOS part of the Cordova subsystem inside the XDK, which is used to scan and build the config.xml file, does not recognize those instructions and fails. They are specific to PhoneGap Build and it appears the Cordova CLI code (which comes from the Cordova project) does not know how to deal with them.

The right way to do this is to use the Plugin Management tool, and use the "Third-Party Plugins" option, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 16.45.03 .png

The plugin manager will automatically detect that some plugin parameters are required, and will then ask you for them, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 16.45.34 .png

Of course, you also have to remove those <gap:...> lines you added to the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. Then, when you do the export of the PGB package, the config.xml file will include the appropriate reference to the plugin, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 16.46.46 .png

And it will work with either PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Please help me ,how to build the project

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Thanks Paul,

Let me try your answer

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Could you please help e for google login. Actually I am able to call that google login in my project but after login It is going somewhere else ,You have my project please help me out.I juts want to call home.html after login through google.

0 Kudos