Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

RealSense 3DScan CSharp

bernd_k_
Beginner

Hello,

I am scanning objects using Intel cams R200 and SR300 (in RSSDK-sample "3DScan" with scanning area "Object"). In former times I produced many OBJ-files by an F200, so I can say that the new results (from SR300) have less quality and less accuracy in my system! But I can't believe that the old cam is better than the new. Perhaps my installed software is not OK (see attached PNG, there are tasks from Intel and from Creative on the windows10-System). The "Intel RealSense SDK Runtime" has two different tasks with 2 different Versions. May this be a problem?

Also surprising : There appeares "Configuration not supported" after "Start Camera" and Scanning Area "Face".

Should I uninstall version 6.0.21.6598? Or should I uninstall the whole RSSDK and reinstall complete? How? I want to work with both cams, R200 and SR300!

Thanks for your answer,

B. Kreft

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mugabi__samuel
Beginner

Unistall the current SDK ...& Downlload and install the latest SDK 2016 R2;- 

While installing you will see 3 options, develop for r200, develop for sr300 , develop for both.....

Select develop for BOTH;- and install..it will install all samples and SDK support for both camera, Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos
bernd_k_
Beginner

Hi,

the update is done, two computers are running under Windows10/RSSDK 2016 R2 - installed as told in posting of 09/16/2016.

First:

On both computers I can create OBJ-models, but there is no progress in getting a better quality. The meshes generated via SR300 stay very bad.

Second:

There is a new problem when I use the R200. This problem didnt exist before updating the RSSDK! It is not possible to set min max values for depthcameras z-value. Trying to set min=400.0 and max=3000.0 I say

pxcmStatus st = device.SetDSMinMaxZ(range);

and get ---> st = PXCM_STATUS_DEVICE_FAILED

This error is new, in former times - before updating RSSDK - the command above was successfull, I tested it many times.

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
bernd_k_
Beginner

Here is additional info:

1. I use Intels sample-program DF_3DScan.cs for my tests. Take a look at attached sourcecode between lines 455 and 471.

2. Attached sdkinfo-textfile

3. PNG-Screenshot: Perhaps this message is relevant.

Thanks....

Bernd

0 Kudos