Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

RecognitionData

Brennon_W_
Beginner

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something, but It doesn't look like I can change the userID stored in the recognition database? That poses a significant problem when trying to get a userID from a global database, where the user is recognised on two different systems, with two different userID because of the time they are registered into the database.

Any thoughts on this?

Best,

Brennon

0 Kudos
12 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Well, you could always maintain your own master record database that links different IDs from different places for the same person.

0 Kudos
Brennon_W_
Beginner

Allowing the developer to specify or override the ID is not exactly a tough challenge and perhaps it something that can be added to next release under feature request. It should have been designed in the first place with that sort of flexibility - sort of engineering 101 to create CRUD methods for any database actions.

samontab, the obvious solution as you point out is currently the only thing that can be done - but it is such a dirty implementation, especially for a large network and bound to be an issue managing things like multiple recognition records and updates etc.

0 Kudos
PKusm
New Contributor I

Hi Brennon,
I was facing the same issue, and I made my own workaround solution which maps the FaceID generated by RealSense into my own face database record. I agree with you that I will be more handy, if the SDK allows us to specify the Face ID more than just generating numbers starting from 100. However, I am not sure that it will be one of the RealSense developer concern for the next release.

Now, my concern is towards its accuracy. May I know, how many faces will you store on your database? Have you ever successfully recognized more than 10 faces or even more?

0 Kudos
Paulo_Pinheiro
Innovator

Putu K,

As far as I know there is no paper attesting the accuracy of the solution they use to perform the recognition. We could even do it but without CRUD methods it will be hard as hell. 

I totally agree with Brennon W. Does anyone know how to manipulate two different facial data to check if they are from a same person?

Paulo.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Paulo,

Well, that's exactly what face recognition is... you could just give the system both images and it would tell you the same ID (in that local system) if it is the same person.

0 Kudos
Paulo_Pinheiro
Innovator

Samontab, it was not what I asked. What I meat is, it could happen to save the same person with two different ids. So we would have two datas for the same person. What I asked was if someone has ever made a process to read all datas, merging duplicate datas.

Best,

Paulo. 

0 Kudos
PKusm
New Contributor I

I think this problem occurs only when we are going to use multiple real-sense cameras to recognize the same person (which is currently not supported by RealSense SDK). I doubt that RealSense is intented to support that kind of use-case. So, if you want to go that way, then you need to consider another approach (library) other than relying on real-sense SDK (which is what I'm currently doing too). 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Brennon_W_
Beginner

This is not the only time it occurs.

The scenario being that on average, people have over 7 internet connected devices in their home in the US and the UK. It is absolutely a scenario that will happen more often then not. To consider that a single user may only use an app on one device, or even more so, login with only one device is thinking from the year 2000.

This is simply short sited development. RealSense is a production level component with an SDK that is optimised for it. I appreciate that yes another solution is to use a 3rd party library, but that is another, and another and so on and so forth. Cant we just get this right in the first place?

Cheers

0 Kudos
joab_s_
Beginner

I've changed my userIds,  But I don't know if it the best way to do that, I just look for the Id on the buffer and I change it to ID I want.

For exemplo , My userId is 100 , I open the buffer , in this case array of bytes and I  look for 100 and replace to my id, as I said I don't know if it is the best way to do that.

0 Kudos
Brennon_W_
Beginner

Hi Joab,

Not sure you are going to want to do that. They bytes in the buffer are not like strings that you should search and replace. Those values are specific to the byte array, generally structured data.

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at alternate libraries for this functionality at the moment.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Paulo_Pinheiro
Innovator

According to the "Intel® RealSenseTM SDK Release " (SDK version 7.0.23.8048)

http://registrationcenter.cps.intel.com/irc_nas/8438/release_notes_sdk_r5_hf1.pdf

on the page 9, about F200 SDK Gold Features, it says over Face Tracking item:

"Release new revision of Face recognition with higher accuracy, supporting up to 20 people in the DB".

Is there this limitation of 20 people?

Best regards,

Paulo

0 Kudos
Brennon_W_
Beginner

for some reason, I thought that previously there was a limit of 4. It depends how you read it, but at first I took this as the number of simultaneous recognitions made from the database, not the max number of people you could recognise. Its really poorly written, either way.

0 Kudos