Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Resend evaluation license?

Adrienne_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded Intel MKL 11.1.0 for evaluation. I received an email confirming the download which said "The product license file is attached for your convenience. You may need to copy the file manually to your system." However, there was no attachment. (Maybe it was filtered out by my email provider.) I don't have root access, so I'm trying to install as current user to limit access to user level, which tells me I should have received a license file through email. The license faq pointed me to this forum. Can you resend the evaluation license, or can I get it some other way?

Thanks,

Adrienne

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MalReddy_Y_Intel
Employee

I sent you the license file.

Reddy

0 Kudos
Qian_L_
Beginner

I have met the same problem as Adrienne S. I have received no license file attaced while it claims to have in the confirmation mail.

Can you resend me a license file for evaluation.

Millions thanks.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Dear User,

For evaluation license we no longer provide license files nor serial numbers. Well, the message in the confirmation emails hasn't changed yet and is incorrect actually.

What you should do to install the product under the evaluation license (30 days runtime and support) is the download the product from the download link you got with the eval registration confirmation and use activation option 'Evaluate this product (no serial number required)'.

If you decide to purchase a full license of this product, you will get a serial number which you can activate then with the Intel® Software Manager and thus convert the eval license to a product license with unlimited runtime and 1 year (default) support. No re-installation of the product is required (except there is already a new update available after the eval installation).

Does this help?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Olivier_W_
Beginner

Hi,

As other users on this thread, I haven't received an evaluation license file by email unlike stated at multiple locations on the website and even in the installer dialogue (cf below). I understand from Hubert's answer that license file aren't required anymore, but as it turns out, in the case of Intel Inspector XE 2013, evaluation without a license file is restricted to those users who install the evaluation version as root or with sudo priviledges. In my case this is not an option, so I am still required by the installer to provide a license file (cf copy of the prompt below). Can you please send me an evaluation licence file for Intel Inspector XE 2013?

Thanks

---

Step 3 of 7 | Activation > One time initialization
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To install an evaluation version of this software, it is recommended that you
have root privileges to complete a one time initialization activity securing the
product licensing. You can also install an evaluation version of this software
without root by obtaining a license file via email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Become root to install evaluation [default]
2. Become root to install evaluation using sudo privileges and password
3. Install evaluation software using a license file
4. Install evaluation software with help of system administrator

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:

---

Step 3 of 7 | Activation > Use a License File
You have chosen to install the software using license file. If you requested
your evaluation software through the Intel web site, you will have received a
confirmation email with an attached license file.

If you are installing the software from a CD, go to
https://registrationcenter.intel.com and supply the serial number displayed on
the back of the CD packaging. An email will be sent to your registered email
address with an attached license file.

You will need to supply the path to this license file to proceed with
installation.

1. Provide the full path to the license file(s) [default]

b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Olivier, I'll discuss this with you via private message.

0 Kudos
SBham1
Beginner

Hi,                     

I got the same problem as Adrienne S. and Qian L. I've downloaded the file : l_ipp_8.1.1.174.tgz- Intel IPP Linux Combo Install Package for IA-32 and Intel® 64. It is asking me the license file which I haven't received through my mail.Can you please resend me the license file.

0 Kudos
John_D_
Beginner

hi

Any update regarding this issue ? I'd like to evaluate MKL 11.1 update 3. I received the email without attachement. When I try to install, I have no other options than to provide a license file.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Asimina_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I want to use the evaluation version of Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE for Linux. I received a mail with a download link but when I try to install as a user (no root) I am requested to provide a license file I do not seem to have.  How can I get this license file?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Robert_M_4
Beginner

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem as Olivier W when trying to install the evaluation copy of MKL Composer on Linux without root access. It says I need a license file if I do not have root access, and I cannot get a license file without a serial number which I cannot get at all. So, is evaluation not possible without root access?

0 Kudos