Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Running simulation and not being able to check out the FLEXlm license

Cameron_P_
Beginner

I have the license file in the 2nd location that was looked for but I can't checkout the flexlm license.  I have a named-user (system locked) commercial license.  Would there be an issue running visual fortran compiler 12.1 and having a license corresponding to INTEL 2017?  I've exhausted most of the resources I've found online and don't know where to go from here.

Error: A license for FCompW is not available (-9,57).

License file(s) used were (in this order):
1. Trusted Storage
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\COM_W__CPPFOR_XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic
3. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
4. C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\intel64\*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

IFORT: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can install older versions 2017 license. Please refer the article below:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#install-older-iss-versions

I would suggest you download the license file from IRC and place it in the default location which is
<installation drive>\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

Also check if the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is defined.

Thanks,
Varsha

0 Kudos
Cameron_P_
Beginner

I got the license from IRC yesterday and put it into the Program Files (x86) file and today into the Program Files location with no results. INTEL_LICENSE_FILE with a value of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\COM_W__XXXXXX_XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\COM_W__XXXXXX_XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic both returned

Error: A license for FCompW is not available (-9,57).......

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Does the HostID of the license file match the HostID of the system where you are running the IVF v 12.0? The system locked license file needs to be in the default location on the system where you are running ifort.

0 Kudos